The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is the world’s preeminent movie-related organization, with a membership of more than 6,000 men and women working in cinema.
The Academy and the ABC Television Network announced Thursday key dates for the 89th Oscars. The Academy Awards presentation will air live on ABC on Oscar Sunday, February 26, 2017.
Academy key dates for the 2016 Awards season are:
- Saturday, November 12, 2016 – Governors Awards
- Thursday, January 5, 2017 – Nominations voting opens
- Friday, January 13, 2017 – Nominations voting closes
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017 – Oscar Nominations Announcement
- Monday, February 6, 2017 – Oscar Nominees Luncheon
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 – Scientific and Technical Awards
- Monday, February 13, 2017 – Finals voting opens
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 – Finals voting closes
- Oscar Sunday, February 26, 2017 – 89th Academy Awards
The date for the 89th Academy Awards was previously announced, as was the date for the 90th Oscars (March 4, 2018).
The 89th Academy Awards will be held at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network.
The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
Photo courtesy: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.