AOL Launches iPad Magazine Editions
AOL has announced the launch of Editions, a free daily magazine for iPad that delivers a reading experience customized for each individual user. Developed by AOL’s mobile-first team, Editions is the only daily iPad magazine that is tailored to the unique interests of each of its users in an easy to read format, says the company.
Available on the App Store, Editions also surfaces top news by section to ensure readers are getting information that is not only interesting to them, but also important.
It leverages a sophisticated set of algorithms that takes all of your actions into account, from opening an article to adding a new interest, to help learn what you do and don’t like – creating a customized reading experience.[ Also Read: CNN to Stream News Network Online, On Mobile ]
“Our goal for Editions was to take the best of the online and offline reading experiences and fuse them into a single, sleek magazine unlike anything else that exists today,” said David Temkin, head of Mobile, AOL. “By combining custom features with technology that learns about you as you use it, Editions delivers a magazine every day that’s full of the things you care about most.”[ Also Read: AOL Relaunches AOL TV, Joins Hands with i.TV ]
Every morning, at a time of your choosing, you can receive a unique 30- to 40-page magazine tailored to your interests. Every Edition has a cover, a list of top articles and a final page that features daily horoscope.
Additional features include:
- A total of 15 topic sections to choose from, including Design, Tech, Business, Family, Health & Fitness, Sports, Entertainment and Travel
- The ability to edit each section to include your favorite companies, teams, celebrities, sources etc.
- Localized news and weather – for large cities and small towns alike – as well as hyper-local content sources
- A built-in calendar that syncs with Facebook and iCal to display important events, meetings and birthdays
- Adjustable font sizes and color options
- Option to save an article for later, or share it by email, Facebook or Twitter
The Editions by AOL App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
AOL Inc. is a global media company with a suite of brands and products serving consumers, advertisers and publishers.