Citrix Online – a division of Citrix Systems – has announced HDFaces, a high-definition video conferencing technology for its web conferencing products: GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining.
HDFaces features the new Citrix Multistream HD technology, which enables all participants to view up to six high-resolution video conferencing streams in a high-definition session for a total maximum resolution of 1920p x 960p.
And it allows participants to view video and the presenter’s shared desktop in the same screen for natural virtual meeting experience, says the company.
A beta version will be previewed today, Oct. 6, at Citrix Synergy Berlin event, and commercial availability is planned for the first quarter of 2011.
“When customers say they want video capabilities combined with web conferencing, they don’t mean tiny choppy images – but that’s what they currently get with the products on the market today,” said Citrix Online’s chief technology officer Bernd Christiansen.
“What they actually want is to see the details in others’ facial expressions just like in a face-to-face meeting or training session. That’s why it was so important to us to incorporate high-resolution video into our collaboration products.”
Key features of HDFaces will include:
- Multistream HD technology, high resolution video conferencing quality: up to six streams at a resolution of 640p x 480p each, for a total maximum resolution of 1920p x 960p.
- A video conferencing viewer that is integrated into the content screen so attendees can collaborate on shared content and see each other at the same time without the need to switch between the two.
- One-click web, audio and video conferencing.
- Video optimization that automatically adjusts to perfectly fit the hardware and network each participant is using when video, audio or screen sharing are in use.
- A resizable viewer and layouts, which can be adapted to numerous monitor and projection configurations.
- No specific or proprietary hardware configuration: any HD-capable video conferencing viewer will be able to support HDFaces.
- No additional cost: Video integration will be included as standard in GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help companies deliver IT as an on-demand service.