If you have voice, raise it against corruption and injustice. Do not stay quiet. If you are not trying to stop corruption, you are part of it.
By Rakesh Raman
As millions of common residents in Delhi are victims of the terror unleashed by the managing committee (MC) members of different cooperative group housing societies, I have started a community-driven online service under the banner “Clean House” to help the suffering residents raise their voice against the growing injustice.
If you want Clean House to report about corruption and other illegal activities happening in your housing society, you may please contact me with relevant documents and details.
Here is a new case of New Ashiana CGHS (cooperative group housing society) Ltd. The affected people of the Society have approached Clean House with a number of complaints about the MC of their Society. We had sent the following notice to the Society’s President / Secretary who failed to respond.
Now in a series of reports, Clean House will reveal the specific cases of corruption and other illegal activities at New Ashiana CGHS Ltd. and coordinate with the authorities and law-enforcement agencies urging them to take action against the accused MC members and their accomplices.
Here is the email sent to the Society.
The President / Secretary
New Ashiana CGHS Ltd.
Plot No. 10, Sector 6, Dwarka
New Delhi 110 075
Subject: Complaint about your Society
December 6, 2017
I am a government’s National award-winning journalist and social activist. Along with my editorial work, I run multiple anti-corruption campaigns covering cases of corruption in India and abroad. Of late, I have started an exclusive editorial section called “Clean House” to report about corruption and lawlessness in Delhi’s cooperative group housing societies.
Many people are informing me about the illegal activities happening in their societies. I report about them and take up the cases with various government and law-enforcement agencies so that the culprits could be caught and punished according to the law.
I have received multiple complaints about your society. Before I write my news report(s) and take up your case with the authorities, I want to give you an opportunity to respond to the following queries:
- It is alleged that the MC members of New Ashiana CGHS did not pay the ground rent of lease hold flat owners to DDA although they have taken the money from the members. If this is the case, where is the money and how is it entered in your account books?
- Instead of paying the actual money collected from members to DDA, it is alleged, the MC members instead used the money collected for water meters for the purpose. Why did the MC take this decision?
- It is alleged that you had paid the ground rent to DDA with the money collected for water meters even from free-hold members. Do you agree that it is misappropriation of public money – which amounts to corruption by the MC members?
- It is further alleged that the MC members are illegally selling the parking space to others in order to win their favours fraudulently. Can you explain the reasons for such an act?
- It is alleged that you awarded a repair project worth more than one crore rupees to a contractor without following the proper tendering process and statutory purchase procedures while you also had an offer to get the same work done for less than one-fourth of the cost that the MC decided to pay. If this has happened, do you agree that it is a case of corruption that should fall under the Prevention of Corruption Act and fraudulent activities to cheat people?
- And now it is said that the MC has decided to carry out a huge FAR extension / construction project worth crores of rupees in the building which will spread dust and noise pollution and harm the residents – including men, women (including senior citizens), and children. Does your FAR extension / construction proposal satisfy UBBL requirements? If not, do you know that it will be an illegal project irrespective of the number of members or the majority that supports it?
- It is also alleged that you are holding your GBMs in a totally fraudulent way without following the set procedures to hold such meetings. Do you accept this allegation as true?
- Do you know that according to multiple notifications from the RCS office, you are supposed to create a website for your society and upload complete information such as financial records, supporting financial documents, purchase and expenditure processes, complaints from members, etc. on the website to keep the operations transparent? If you have not created a website for the New Ashiana CGHS, do you agree that you prefer to run the society affairs dishonestly?
- If you want, you can add any other point from your side.
You are requested to send me your response to the above-stated points by email on or before December 8, 2017. If you failed to respond in a satisfactory manner, I will report about this case and follow it up with the authorities.
You can visit the “Clean House” section on my news site at the following weblink:
Raman Media Network
Global News Service
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.