DIY (Do It Yourself ) remains one of the hottest 2013 wedding trends, and Michaels, North America’s leading arts and crafts specialty retailer and DIY wedding destination, announces the year’s top colors and themes, along with its new DIY wedding site as well as new products such as invitations and favors.
Michaels’ top DIY wedding trends of 2013:
- Heirloom Romance: Soft and feminine, this trend features pale pastels in both flowers and paper products. The look is refined, while keeping a romantic, handmade quality.
- Purple Luxe: With hues of lavender, violet, plum, lilac and mauve, there is a purple to match every shade of love: passionate, romantic, forever. Gilded elements and ombre enhance the royal feel of this trend.
- Seaside Bliss: Inspired by the joys of a laid-back day at the beach, blue, coral and white combine to create a sleek, elegant and luxuriously casual feeling – the perfect look for breezy summer weddings.
- Pink Pop and Mod: For the bride who loves bold, clean, art-inspired looks, the vibrant colors of yellow, hot pink and orange inspire this graphic wedding trend.
- Classic Glam: The classic elegance of old Hollywood is embraced by the black-and-white color scheme that defines this trend: sophisticated and refined. Glitter and metallic touches add sparkle and shine to this glamorous wedding theme.
- Rustic Elegance: With burlap and lace, this theme is perfect for the casual bride who still wants that touch of Southern elegance at her wedding. The trend is inspired by a trip to the country: handmade signs, country stores, jelly jars and an indoor-meets-outdoor feel.
- Whimsy Carnival: For the kid in all of us, the magical feeling of a carnival highlights this wedding trend. Featuring bold, bright colors, the theme may be carried out with playful pinwheels, balloons and colorful paper products.
[ Also Read: Wedding Planning Goes Mobile with New Application ]
“Michaels has everything a couple needs to bring these trends to life and create a beautiful, romantic DIY wedding that will be unlike any other,” said Michaels VP of Category Marketing Jennifer Rawls. “We’ll even help them put it all together with online expert advice, checklists and videos at Michaels.com.”
Michaels has also introduced a new collection of wedding accessories by leading wedding and entertaining expert and TV personality David Tutera.
The collection includes themed, trend-specific wedding decorations and centerpieces, wedding day accessories and bridal accessories. Tutera will also offer tips and advice on Michaels.com/DavidTutera.
Michaels made this announcement today, Feb. 19.
Michaels Stores, Inc. is North America’s leading specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall decor and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator.