Fandango Reveals Fan Sentiment for Star Trek
Fandango, a leading moviegoer destination, has reported that J.J. Abrams’ “Star Trek Into Darkness” garnered a 96 out of 100 score on the company’s Fanticipation movie buzz indicator that measures fan sentiment around the weekend box office line-up.
The sci-fi thriller outshone “Iron Man 3″ and “The Great Gatsby,” which are still top-of-mind with moviegoers, scoring 85 and 83, respectively.[ Also Visit: Robojit and the Sand Planet – Global Entertainment Project ]
Fanticipation scores are calculated based a proprietary analysis of Fandango’s advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement.
Flying at maximum warp speed, “Star Trek” also represents 80% of today’s ticket sales on Fandango, selling out hundreds of show times across the country, from New York to San Francisco, and Atlanta to Austin.[ Click here to see more stories on Movies ]
More than 1,000 “Star Trek” ticket-buyers participated in a survey on Fandango and excitement for the film and the franchise is running high:
- 89% said they had seen the previous J.J. Abrams “Star Trek” on the big screen;
- 76% have avoided reading any online spoilers, saying they want to be completely surprised;
- 71% said that co-star Benedict Cumberbatch, star of TV’s “Sherlock,” increased their interest in seeing the movie;
- 62% will attend the movie with a group of fellow “Star Trek” fans;
- 56% said the secrecy surrounding the film made them even more excited to see the film;
- 55% already plan to see the movie more than once;
- 15% will be dressed in “Star Trek” attire at the theater.
NBCUniversal company Fandango says it sells tickets to more than 21,000 screens in the U.S.