GoPro has announced the release of its new HD Hero2 camera. Twice as powerful as GoPro’s original HD Hero camera, the new camera enables consumers and professionals to capture and broadcast in professional quality 1080p HD video and 11 megapixel photos.
It is now available at GoPro.com, specialty retailers around the world, and at Best Buy for $299.99. The announcement was made Monday, Oct. 24.
According to the company, HD Hero2’s new processor delivers twice the processing power, taking full advantage of a new high performance 11 megapixel sensor that delivers more than twice the image detail along with professional low light performance.
A totally redesigned wide-angle lens was required to take full advantage of its increased image-processing, resulting in a lens that’s twice as sharp as the previous model.
And with the arrival of GoPro’s new Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote products slated for release this winter, the HD Hero2 will enable video remote control via the Wi-Fi Remote, smartphones and devices, tablets and computers as well as enabling live GoPro video broadcast from anywhere there is Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot.
List of HD Hero2 Feature Enhancements:
- Professional 11MP Sensor
- 2x Faster Image Processor
- 2x Sharper Glass Lens
- Professional Low Light Performance
- Full 170 degrees, Medium 127 degrees, Narrow 90 degrees FOV in 1080p and 720p Video
- 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
- Full 170 degrees and Medium 127 degrees FOV Photos
- 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
- 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
- 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
- Simple Language-based User Interface
- Compatible with Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote
- Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras per Wi-Fi Remote
- Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview, Playback and Control via GoPro App
- Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web
GoPro’s HD Hero line of wearable and gear mountable cameras target consumers, professional athletes, and video production professionals.