If you or someone you care about is ever pregnant, there’s bad news, good news and better news you may care to know.
The bad news is the vast majority of pregnant women suffer from morning sickness, which, despite its name, can take place mornings, afternoons or any time of the day, sometimes even several times a day. In fact, more than half of all pregnant women have experienced three or more episodes a day.
Usually, morning sickness happens during the first three months of gestation, but as anyone who has been afflicted by it can tell you, that’s way too long. The hormonal changes women experience during early pregnancy may be at fault, but no one is sure.
[ Also Read: Lunacycle to Track Women’s Menstrual Period and Fertility ]
The good news is that while unpleasant, morning sickness is rarely serious for mother or baby.
The better news is there are several natural remedies you can try.
Here’s what you can do:
• Snack all day. Try eating smaller meals throughout the day.
• Keep your diet bland. Avoid fatty, spicy or fried foods.
• Try liquids. If you are having trouble keeping anything solid down, it may be easier to get your nutrition from soups and juices.
• Choose complex carbohydrates. Starches are easier to digest, and some pregnant women swear by crackers and potato chips.
• Think mint. A cup of sweetened mint tea may soothe nausea.
• Ginger it up. Drink ginger ale, ginger tea or try ginger candy. A new Ginger Lozenge from a line known as Sea-Band Mama contains ginger oil and 40 mcg of folic acid to contribute to a developing baby’s health, says the company.
• Band it. Another option is the company’s acupressure Sea-Band wristband, which has been used to combat seasickness and carsickness. These products are now available in CVS stores as well as at Walgreens.com.
Many mothers-to-be find that these remedies can make the early months of pregnancy much easier to get through. If morning sickness persists more than a few weeks, be sure to discuss it with your doctor.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past over 7 years despite enormous pressures.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.