Power2SME, a buying club for SMEs (small and medium enterprises) in India, in collaboration with TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) honored the winners of the ‘Spirit of Manufacturing Awards’ 2014 at an event Friday.
Madhav Lal (IAS), Secretary, Ministry of MSME, Government of India, was the chief guest for the event.
- Excellence in Innovation and IT Adoption – Lalit Ahuja, Ahuja Corporation and Vinay Chadha, GVC Systems
- Best Social Impact – Sahil Dharia, Soothe Healthcare
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Hiresha Verma, Hanzen International
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Aditya Singhal and Garima Narang, IML Jeans
[ Also Visit: Tech-Wise Knowledge Center for SMBs ]
- Harkesh Kumar Mittal – Adviser and Member Secretary at National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB)
- Amit Chaturvedi, President – Strategic Planning & Projects, Hero Corporate Services
- Ashish Gupta, COO and Country Head, Evalueserve
- R Narayan, Founder and CEO, Power2SME
The ‘Spirit of Manufacturing Awards’ annual award series is aimed at encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship in India. The awards were spread over four categories listed above. There were over 170 applications received.
The selection and short listing was based on the skills and their tangible impact in the way business is conducted. Facts and proofs in support with the business idea were compulsory.
The expert panel reviewed the business structure, its success; the innovation and its impact on the business, amongst other critical parameters before shortlisting the companies.
Power2SME aims to enable the small and medium enterprises to obtain optimal pricing for their procurement needs.
TiE is a global organization fostering entrepreneurship through mentoring, networking, and education.
In the picture above: The Spirit of Manufacturing Award winners with Madhav Lal, Secretary, Ministry of MSME and R Narayan, Founder and CEO, Power2SME and Geetika Dayal, Executive Director, TiE Delhi-NCR.