The National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) has announced the results of its fourth international image competition and revealed its 2011 Child Photographer of the Year, Stephanie Buckman of Stephanie Robin Photography. It was announced Tuesday, May 22.
The latest NAPCP competition attracted images across a new range of category subjects, including maternity, newborn, baby, child, sibling, tween, seniors and family. A panel of photography experts critiqued the image submissions for impact, technical merit, composition and creativity.
The overall NAPCP Child Photographer of the Year winner was determined by total number of points scored in both 2011 NAPCP Image Competitions.
“In reviewing the results of NAPCP’s fourth image competition, we continue to be amazed by the creative passion and specialization of our dedicated child photographer community,” said Alice Park, co-founder and president, NAPCP. “We congratulate Photographer of the Year Stephanie Buckman and the other winners for their stunning work and artistic ability which brings so much joy to families and loved ones around the world.”
The biannual NAPCP Image Competitions reward its winners with medallions, priority listing on the NAPCP directory, vendor endorsements, and membership points.
Winners of the fourth NAPCP Image Competition included:
- Robin Long ; Salem, Oregon
- Nicola Toon ; Cambridge, Ontario
- Shona Hutchinson ; Ottawa Ontario
- Marie Vanderweide-Murray ; Burlington, Ontario
- Sandra Coan ; Seattle, Washington
- Elizabeth Blank ; Woodstock, Georgia
- Megan Drane ; Naperville, Illinois
- Chritene Schaaf; Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Aneta Gancarz ; Manchester, United Kingodm
- Stephanie Buckman ; Burlington, Ontario
- Jennifer Dell ; Tomball, Texas
- Lori Robison ; Fleming Island, Florida
- Karen Mackie ; Dundurn, Saskatchewan
- Maria Sze ; Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Christin Carruthers ; Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Lora Moore-Kakaletris ; Oakville, Ontario
- Melinda Worthington ; Bella Vista, Arkansas
- Tamara Campbell ; Waterdown, Ontario
- Jennifer Kim ; Springfield, Virginia
- Meg Borders ; Richland, Washington
- Adele Cabanillas ; Lacey, Washington
- Tanya Alexis ; Los Angeles, California
NAPCP is a member-based association representing and promoting the community of professional child photographers.