NASCAR will reveal a brand new creative vision – a campaign featuring more than two dozen NASCAR drivers, with nine original spots in both English and Spanish.
The drama-filled campaign will premiere during NASCAR’s crown-jewel event, the Daytona 500. The race will broadcast live on FOX and FOX Deportes on Feb. 24 beginning at 1 pm ET.
At the heart of the campaign are NASCAR drivers, who help bring to life the unpredictability and drama of NASCAR racing, both on and off the track.
With an unprecedented incorporation of drivers, number of creative treatments featuring new digital engagement, radio and print, this is by far the most comprehensive and integrated campaign NASCAR has ever launched.[ Also Read: Top 20 Digital Brand Campaigns of 2012 ]
“The campaign was created to excite existing fans while engaging with new audiences, and is representative of where NASCAR is headed as a sport,” said Kim Brink, NASCAR, vice president, marketing.
“In developing the spots, we wanted to celebrate the heart of what makes our sport unique, challenge existing perceptions, inspire the entire industry and do it all as authentically and confidently as possible.”
[ Also Read: Brands Love Bloggers Program Invites Bloggers to Hispanicize ]
The spots are:
- We Are (English and Spanish) – Highlights the pageantry, power, magnitude and scale of community that fans can only experience through NASCAR.
- Twist (English and Spanish) – Portrays the emotion, drama, and many levels of duality within the sport in truly unexpected fashion.
- Rivals (English and Spanish) – Spotlights actual on-track rivalries among drivers, including that of two legendary NASCAR heroes.
- Chess (English and Spanish)– Gets inside the mind of a driver during a race, coolly breaking down the strategic thought process of drivers while they compete on the track.
- Resume (English) – Uses a light-hearted tone to highlight the personalities of the drivers as they vie for a spot on fans’ NASCAR Fantasy Live rosters.
- Wanna Know (English) – Offers fans an unmatched look at the sport through the eyes of the drivers in order to promote NASCAR’s newly revamped NASCAR.com and its suite of digital fan engagement products.
NASCAR’s new brand campaign was developed by Ogilvy & Mather’s New York office, inclusive of Ogilvy Rojo, the Hispanic arm of the agency.