Playboy magazine announced Friday the release of “The Freedom Issue,” its July / August 2016 double issue.
It considers the state of freedom in the United States and examines a variety of issues from sexual liberties and civil rights to privacy and freedom in a connected world.
The centerpiece of Playboy’s “Freedom Issue” is a series of 11 essays from high-profile contributors who explore the idea of freedom in 2016 and share their viewpoints on some of the most important social and cultural issues facing Americans today.
[ Also Read: Trump: I’m With You. Hillary: Who’re You? ]
- Hugh M. Hefner on the Republican sexual revolution
- Killer Mike on minority voting
- Chelsea Handler on abortion
- Patton Oswalt on the freedom to make mistakes
- Krist Novoselic on fixing the election process
- Dr. Drew Pinsky on sexual liberty
- Hacker / cybersecurity expert Jeff Moss on surveillance and privacy in the digital age
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta on the American pill epidemic
- Former CBS News producer Mary Mapes on the state of journalism
- Former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper on fixing the American police force
- Former undercover DEA agent Robert Mazur on the new drug war
“‘The Freedom Issue’ is the perfect compilation of everything that defines Playboy,” said Playboy’s editorial director Jason Buhrmester.
Playboy’s July / August 2016 “Freedom Issue” is available on newsstands, with digital copies of the issue available here.
Photo courtesy: Playboy, David Bellemere