After its beta testing in the RVing community, Rand McNally has released the TripMaker RVND 5510 – claimed to be the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers (RV – Recreational Vehicle).
“We’ve listened carefully to members of the RVing community, who told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way. Our new TripMaker RVND line will solidly deliver on these expectations,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
Starting with a base of navigation from Rand McNally, the new TripMaker layers on all the information needed to have an enjoyable and safe trip in an RV, says the company.
The routing includes legal (including propane and other RV-only), height and weight restrictions, right or left-turn preference based on eleven different RV types, and a quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas. Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused on the road ahead.
The TripMaker RVND features more than 14 million points of interest – including festivals, and National, State, and Regional Parks. Other key information includes:
- RV Campgrounds, RV Dealers and Service, Parking and Rest Areas, Travel Centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability and more.
- Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits.
- RVer Tools such as Checklists for set up and take down, Maintenance Logs, Trails back to your campsite, and Quick Mileage Calculators.
- Pet friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals, and beaches.
In addition to routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker RVND features Rand McNally Editor’s Pick Content – proprietary data provided by the editorial staff with video and photos. The content includes:
- Best of the Road – three-to-four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more.
- Regional Trips, Scenic Tours, Weekend Getaways, and City Trips.
- 12,000 researched locations.
The TripMaker RVND 5510, available in North America in June, is fully operational in English, Canadian French, and Spanish.
Rand McNally is a leading source for maps, directions, and travel content.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.