On the busiest freeway in America, the 405 Freeway in California, you are now being asked to “PLEASE DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE.” This vital message is from a beautiful girl nicknamed “Bubblehead”.
She has a long history of creating massive street art, graffiti and wild postings with messages calling for the public to do the right thing. Bubblehead’s new SuperMural text message is viewed by millions on the 405 Freeway and plane passengers flying into Los Angeles International Airport.
Meanwhile, LG Mobile has announced the release of “Thumbs,” a new texting documentary that chronicles the race to LG’s 2010 National Texting Championship. (Read: LG Mobile Documentary Thumbs on Teen Texting)
Texting is dangerous. Texting while driving has led to more and more automobile accidents. In fact, texting while driving is actually more hazardous than driving while under the influence of alcohol. These statistics prove as to why texting is so unsafe:
- When a driver texts while driving, their reaction time will decrease by over 35%
- A driver is twenty three times more likely to get into a car accident while driving and texting.
- Drivers are also six times as likely to get into a car accident while dialing a number into their cellular devices.
- When texting, steering capability goes down by 90%.
- Texting has caused many car accidents and death related incidents in the driving age group of 16-21, the largest texting demographic.
Text your friends and family, “PLS DNT TXT + DRIVE”.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past over 7 years despite enormous pressures.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.