Female Athletes as Pantene Beauty Ambassadors
Pantene, the world’s leading haircare brand, has announced it will support 11 elite female athletes as its newest beauty ambassadors. The group will be featured in Pantene’s first global marketing campaign to support the Olympic Games.
The athletes will provide proof that, regardless of their training for the Olympic Games, Pantene’s performance helps give them beautiful hair.
The sponsorship is part of P&G’s Worldwide Olympic Partner status with the London 2012 Olympic Games and marks the first time Pantene has featured athletes as beauty ambassadors.
[ Also Read
: Procter & Gamble Offers Help for Special Olympics
The group will join the likes of celebrities such as Liv Tyler and Eva Mendes, who are featured in Pantene’s iconic campaigns. Among the athletes are six Olympic gold medalists, numerous world champions and top ranked women in swimming, tennis, gymnastics, cycling, diving and volleyball.
“We believe that healthy is the new beautiful and we’re thrilled to add this exceptional group to our select list of global beauty ambassadors. These women are a wonderful fit with our heritage of performance and shine,” said Hanneke Faber, VP and brand franchise leader, Global Haircare at P&G.
“Their hair is easily some of the most challenged on the planet and Pantene can take on the task. Our products are designed to perform under demanding conditions.”
[ Also Read
: Madonna to Perform at Super Bowl Show
Pantene’s athlete roster includes:
- Jaqueline Carvalho, Brazil, Volleyball, Beijing 2008 Olympic Games gold medalist and Brazilian National Team striker
- Natalie Coughlin, United States, Swimming, 11-time Olympic medalist and multiple international competition medalist
- Gisela Dulko, Argentina, Tennis, Top ranked global doubles player
- Paola Espinosa, Mexico, Diving, Two-time Olympian and Beijing 2008 Olympic Games bronze medalist
- Evgeniya Kanaeva, Russia, Rhythmic Gymnastics, 2008 Olympic gold medalist
- Wu Minxia, China, Diving, Two-time Olympic gold medalist and three-time world champion
- Victoria Pendleton, Great Britain, Cycling, Olympic gold medalist and eight-time world champion
- Annamay Pierse, Canada, Swimming, Olympian and world record holder in the 200m breast stroke
- Aya Terakawa, Japan, Swimming, International competition medalist and Athens 2004 Olympic Games participant
More athletes will be named later. It was announced Thursday, Jan. 26.
The Pantene campaign leading up to and during London 2012 includes holistic and integrated support in advertising, retail, online and PR channels.