Travelocity has launched a new brand campaign highlighted by five new television commercials featuring the Roaming Gnome and a new call to action for consumers: “Go & Smell the Roses.”
“‘Go & Smell the Roses’ is more than a tagline in an advertising campaign, it’s a rally cry,” said Bradley Wilson, chief marketing officer, Travelocity North America. “With this new campaign we are using our most powerful asset, the iconic Roaming Gnome, to inspire and instigate people to get off the couch, to go and smell the roses.”
Announced today, March 11, the television commercials featuring “Go & Smell the Roses” will begin airing this week during primetime programming on all of the major television networks. Each will showcase a different part of the world, delivering rich visual appeal. They are as follows:
- Bulls: The Roaming Gnome is dropped into a scene from the world famous running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. He says, “Here’s a thought: You’ll never survive the running of the bulls unless you attend the running of the bulls.”
- Paint: The Roaming Gnome finds himself being handed off from one person to the next at the Holi Festival in India. He says, “Contrary to popular belief, watching paint dry can actually be fun – but you’ve got to be there to enjoy it.”
- Beach: The Roaming Gnome becomes one with a sand sculpture. He says, “Sparkly water and pure white sand may not get you off your couch but there’s not a creature on earth that can resist this.”
- Exotic Couch: The Roaming Gnome takes in a majestic alpine view on a ski lift: He says, “You might be interested to know that other countries have couches exactly like ours.”
- Email: The Roaming Gnome encourages everyone not to be dragged down by the mundane tasks of everyday life like checking email, cutting the grass and preparing spreadsheets. He says, “Less couch-y, more beach-y.”
“‘Go’ is the operative word,” Wilson said. “And we mean ‘go’ anywhere whether that is a weekend road trip, a family event, or a once-in-a-lifetime adventure similar to those the Roaming Gnome is fortunate enough to take.”
Based in Southlake (Dallas/Fort Worth), Texas, with offices and customer care centers around the world, Travelocity Global is one of the world’s leading travel companies.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.