Governments, the private sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), the media and citizens around the world are joining forces to fight corruption for people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership.
To mark the International Anti-Corruption Day (IACD) on December 9, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) have announced a series of programs with the multi-year “United Against Corruption” theme.
The aim is to support the 2030 Agenda, which forms the backbone of the anti-corruption campaign. In addition, the campaign will also have a youth component. As such, this year’s campaign covers the following three areas:
1. Corruption – An impediment to the Sustainable Development Goals describes how corruption negatively affects us all.
2. Corruption – #YouthForJustice leading the change describes the importance of empowering and mobilizing youth to fight for a corruption-free world.
3. United Against Corruption – Take action – Lead the change – Be the change stresses that it is not enough to just know about corruption but that we need to take action, hold leaders accountable and become integer leaders ourselves.
Also, UNDP and UNODC invite all stakeholders to fight against corruption by:
– Organizing creative activities in the community to mark 9 December;
– Utilizing the “Call to Action Matrix” (CAM);
– Using the Anti-Corruption logo on publications and at events;
– Sending a message to your networks about the campaign;
You can also tweet with the hashtags #UnitedAgainstCorruption, #IACD2019, and #YouthForJustice and post about International Anti-Corruption Day to let the world know what you are doing to tackle this scourge.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.