Walmart has announced its plans to provide consumers with the hottest toys this holiday season. To help parents identify the most sought-after toys, the retailer unveils today, Nov. 1, its Top Toys.
Later this week, Walmart is launching the in-store and online resources for toys, offering parents its first ever 52-page toy catalog, and a dedicated section online for Top Toys at www.walmart.com/toptoys, featuring toy demos and customer ratings and reviews.
Meanwhile, Disney FamilyFun has announced the 19th annual Toy of the Year (TOY) Award winners, published in FamilyFun’s November issue.
More than 500 new toys were narrowed down by parent and kid testers from across the country (U.S.), who evaluated quality, value, and the fun element. (Read: Disney FamilyFun Top 10 TOY Award Winners)
“We understand toys are at the top of every kid’s wishlist, but knowing which toys to trust and choose can be challenging for parents,” said Laura Phillips, senior vice president of toys and seasonal merchandising, Walmart.
“Our Top Toys list and the helpful tools we’ve introduced this year make it easier than ever to find this season’s best toys at unbeatable prices.”
The selection, says the company, delivers on this year’s toy trends highlighting educational and aspirational toys, toys based on popular licenses, and board games for fun-packed family nights.
Savings and Rollbacks on Walmart’s Top Toys include:
- Zhu Zhu Pet or Kung Zhu Hamsters ($8; Was $9)
- U-Build Monopoly ($15; Was $18)
- Baby Alive Baby All Gone ($19; Was $24.88)
- Paper Jamz Guitar ($19.87; Was $23.87)
- Play-Doh Mega Fun Factory ($25; Was $29.96)
- Loopz Game ($25; Was $29.98)
- LEGO Games Creationary ($29; Was $34.97)
- Toy Story 3 Talking Woody, Jessie or Blast Off Buzz Lightyear Dolls ($29 each; Was $34.97)
- Holiday Barbie Doll ($35; Was $39.98)
- Hide-and-Seek JoJo Interactive Bunny ($39.96; Was $44.88)
- Nerf N-Strike Stampede ($44; $49.97)
- FurReal Friends GoGo My Walkin’ Pup ($49; Was $54)
- Matchbox Stinky the Garbage Truck ($49; Was $54.97)
- Air Hogs Hawk Eye Radio Control Camera Helicopter ($49; Was $59.97)
- Spy Net Video Watch ($49.97)
- Barbie Video Girl Doll ($49.98)
- VTech V.Reader Animated E-Book System ($54; $59.96)
- Leapster Explorer Learning Experience ($59; Was $69.97)
- BigFoot The Monster ($88; Was $97)
Walmart’s 52-page toy catalog features a wide assortment of toys, and will be accessible online in English and Spanish at (www.walmart.com/toycatalog) starting Friday, Nov 5.
The retailer will also launch an online Toy Finder to provide parents and grandparents with toy recommendations tailored to their budget and each child’s age and interest.
The Toy Finder will be available online next week at www.walmart.com/toyfinder.
Photo courtesy: Walmart