In total, 3,943 properties globally have been recognized this year with dedicated lists featured for 30 countries and eight regions worldwide.
TripAdvisor, a leading travel site, today, Jan. 18, announced the winners of its 2012 Travelers’ Choice awards. The 10th annual awards has revealed premier properties in the U.S. and world, in addition to winners in the categories of Best Luxury and Bargain, Best for Service, B&Bs and Inns, All-Inclusive, Spa, and Trendiest.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winners are based on millions of reviews and opinions from travelers around the world, says TripAdvisor.
The average nightly rate for 2012 Travelers’ Choice Hotels award winners is $270 and 45 percent have an average nightly rate of $200 or less per night. Average nightly rate for the Best Luxury hotels is $455, Best Bargain $106, Best for Service $255, B&Bs and Inns $124, All-Inclusive $488, Spa $376, and Trendiest $253.[ Also Visit: RMN Content and Communications Services ]
“TripAdvisor is incredibly proud to announce its Travelers’ Choice award-winning hotels for the tenth year,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “We’re also thrilled to grow our awards with winner lists for twice as many markets globally this year, as we continue our mission to help more travelers around the world plan and have the perfect trip.”
Select 2012 Winners:
- Best Hotel in the World — The Phoenix Resort — San Pedro, Belize
- Best Hotel in the U.S. — Elysian Hotel Chicago — Chicago, Illinois
- Best Luxury (4&5 star) Hotel in the World — Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo — Tokyo, Japan
- Best Luxury (4&5 star) Hotel in the U.S. — The Grand Del Mar — San Diego, California
- Best Bargain in the World — HueNino Hotel — Hue, Vietnam
- Best Bargain in the U.S. — SeaCoast Inn — Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Best for Service in the World — Arcadia Residence — Prague, Czech Republic
- Best for Service in the U.S. — SeaCoast Inn — Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Best B&B and Inn in the World — The Twenty One — Brighton, England
- Best B&B and Inn in the U.S. — A.G. Thomson House: Historic Bed and Breakfast — Duluth, Minnesota
- Best All-Inclusive in the World — Garonga Safari Camp — Phalaborwa, South Africa
- Best All-Inclusive in the Caribbean — East Winds Inn — Gros Islet, St. Lucia
- Best Relaxation and Spa in the World — BollAnt’s im Park — Bad Sobernheim, Germany
- Best Relaxation and Spa in the U.S. — Bella Monte Hot Springs Resort and Spa — Desert Hot Springs, California
- Trendiest Hotel in the World — Villa Zest Boutique Hotel — Cape Town, South Africa
- Trendiest Hotel in the U.S. — Smyth Hotel – A Thompson Hotel — New York City, New York
The complete list of TripAdvisor’s 2012 Travelers’ Choice winners can be found at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice.
Photo courtesy: TripAdvisor
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past over 7 years despite enormous pressures.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.