The Splashtop application connects your iPhone or iPod touch to your Windows PC for a seamless remote desktop experience.
Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPhone and iPod touch lets users watch movies, listen to music, or access any other Windows files and programs, including full web browsers with Flash, right from the mobile device.
The new application, introduced Thursday (Nov. 18), works over a Wi-Fi network, giving users easy access to PC content from any room of the house or office, says Splashtop Inc, a company offering mobile access to PC content.[ Also Read: Finally Apple Phones Enter Your Kitchen ] [ Also Read: SAP Business One App Available for iPhone ]
“We have invented technology that lets you put your PC in your pocket,” said Mark Lee, CEO and co-founder of Splashtop Inc. “What we’ve built is a seamless bridge between your iPhone and Windows PC.”
With Splashtop Remote Desktop, users can use their iPhone or iPod touch to:
- See and control your Windows PC like you are directly in front of it
- Access all Windows files and programs including Microsoft Office without having to sync files
- Watch videos (including Flash) and listen to music (streaming or from your library)
- Connect to multiple PCs with the same iPhone or iPod touch app
- Interact with any Windows application using intuitive controls like touch, pinch and zoom
The application is available in the Apple App Store. It requires iOS3.2 or later, and will work on the iPhone 4 and 3GS and 3rd generation iPod touch or later.
It connects to any device running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP operating system and consists of two components: an application running on the iOS device, and a desktop application running on the PC.