Disney’s Monsters University Tops the Box Office
Rentrak Corporation (Nasdaq: RENT), which provides box office measurement data, announced Sunday the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of June 23.
The data is compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.
“Monsters University opens at No.1 in the world with a weekend estimated gross of $136.5 million from 36 markets. Man of Steel is the No.1 film internationally with an estimated weekend of $89.0 million, worldwide weekend of $130.2 million from 53 markets and a new worldwide cume of $398.3 million. World War Z opens to $111.8 million from 26 markets for the third film producing over $100 million this weekend at the worldwide box office,” said Rentrak’s president of Theatrical Worldwide, Ron Giambra.[ Also Read: When I Met My Doppelgänger ]
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, June 23, 2013 are below.
- Monsters University – Disney – $82.0M
- World War Z – Paramount – $66.0M
- Man Of Steel – Warner Bros. – $41.2M
- This Is The End – Sony – $13.0M
- Now You See Me – Lionsgate – $7.9M
- Fast & Furious 6 – Universal – $4.7M
- Internship, The – 20th Century Fox – $3.4M
- Purge, The – Universal – $3.4M
- Star Trek Into Darkness – Paramount – $3.0M
- Iron Man 3 – Disney – $2.2M
- Bling Ring, The – A24 Films – $2.0M
- Epic – 20th Century Fox – $1.7M
Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market.
Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak’s suite of products.