Share the Post:

After a long dilly-dallying during the past few days, it’s said that the Syrian rulers have accepted the peace formula offered by the former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan (pictured above).

The Syrian government led by President Bashar al-Assad has finally agreed to withdraw its troops and weapons from the embattled cities by April 10.

[ Also Read: China Praises Egypt to Resolve the Syrian Crisis ]

Although international observers are expressing doubts on Syria’s promise, Annan, who has been acting as UN-Arab League envoy, said he was able to convince Bashar al-Assad for the ceasefire.

Annan was appointed as the envoy earlier this year with an aim to resolve the year-old Syrian crisis, in which over 8,000 civilians have been killed in an uprising that has been sweeping the Arab world.

Photo courtesy: UN

💛 Support Independent Journalism

If you find RMN News useful, please consider supporting us.

📖 Why Donate?

By RMN News

Raman Media Network (RMN) is a global news property of RMN Company. Its editor Rakesh Raman is a national award-winning journalist and founder of the humanitarian organization RMN Foundation. A former edit-page tech columnist at The Financial Express, he has served as a digital media consultant for the United Nations (UNIDO) and is a recognized expert in AI governance and digital forensics. More Info: https://rmnnews.com/about-rmn-news/