The makers of Trojan Lubricants in collaboration with YourTango released a national survey today, examining the sex lives of American parents.
The survey uncovered 78 percent of parents report diminished sex lives after having children. The good news is that sex and pleasure are still a priority to most parents, with 40 percent of parents saying that if they had an extra hour in their day they would spend it having sex with their partner.
In an effort to help parents bring the pleasure back into their relationships, the makers of Trojan Lubricants partnered with YourTango to tap the real experts – parents – to share their stories, experiences and tips on making the most of limited alone time.
[ Also Read: What’s Your Biggest Complaint about Sex Toys? ]
While today’s parents say the reasons for a diminished sex life are busy schedules (27 percent), the need for extra sleep (25 percent), and children always being around (21 percent), they are still finding ways to get creative and make pleasure a priority. Top tips from the parent experts include:
- Make pleasure-enhancing products a mainstay in the bedroom: 68% of parents turn to lubricants and nearly 58% turn to vibrators to help set the mood and achieve the big “O”.
- Of those who haven’t yet explored the pleasure aisles of their local retailer, 71 percent are interested in trying products to enhance pleasure and maximize the little alone time they have.
- Create a sexy secret language: Parents have taken to using code words to build anticipation for their bedtime activities. “Back rubs” and “business meetings” have taken on a whole new meaning!
- Plan a “sex-it” strategy: While more than 41 percent of parents say they need to be more flexible and spontaneous with their sex lives now that they’re parents, it’s important to schedule time away from your kids. Plan a play date for you and your partner alone, giving you more time to reconnect.
- Sexting: More than half of parents have sent steamy photos or texts to each other. Creating a sense of excitement and anticipation throughout the day can be a great way to start foreplay hours before you make it to the bedroom.
- Open the lines of communication: The survey showed a direct correlation between the level of open, honest communication and the level of sexual satisfaction that parents experience, with 40 percent of parents being more comfortable expressing their wants and needs post children.
“The survey made it clear that parents are striving to maintain that passion by trying new things in the bedroom,” said Bruce Weiss, VP of Marketing for Trojan Sexual Health products. “They’re looking for products that make the most of their alone time and Trojan is answering that call with our new line of Lubricants.”
[ Also Read: Porn Star Belle Knox Features in Adam & Eve Film ]
TROJAN Lubricants’ “Sex After Kids” survey was created in partnership with and distributed by YourTango, a media company dedicated to love and relationships, as a part of the TROJAN Lubricant “Confessions of Sexually Active Parents” campaign.
Over three weeks, 1,055 respondents were surveyed with a 32-question online assessment. The survey was distributed electronically and promoted via YourTango’s homepage.
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.