Box office measurement company Rentrak Corporation (Nasdaq: RENT) announced Sunday the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of Feb. 17, 2013 as compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.
The top-12 domestic (U.S.) weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, February 17, 2013 are below.
- A Good Day To Die Hard – 20th Century Fox – $25.0M
- Identity Thief – Universal – $23.4M
- Safe Haven – Relativity Media – $21.4M
- Escape From Planet Earth – The Weinstein Company – $16.1M
- Warm Bodies – Lionsgate – $9.0M
- Beautiful Creatures – Warner Bros. – $7.5M
- Side Effects – Open Road – $6.3M
- Silver Linings Playbook – The Weinstein Company – $6.1M
- Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters – Paramount – $3.5M
- Zero Dark Thirty – Sony – $3.1M
- Mama – Universal – $2.8M
- Argo – Warner Bros. – $2.2M
“A Good Day to Die Hard is the new No.1 film in the world, with an estimated weekend gross of $86.5 million and a new total of $113.3 million. This is the best ever international weekend for the Die Hard franchise. Also, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters is over the $100 million mark and Rise of the Guardians is over the $200 million mark internationally,” said Rentrak’s president of Theatrical Worldwide, Ron Giambra.[ Also Read: 10 Reasons I Like Bollywood Movies ]
Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Photo courtesy: A Good Day to Die Hard / Fox