Which Is the Most Popular Honeymoon Destination?
Conde Nast Traveler
Conde Nast Traveler announced Monday the results of its 27th annual Readers’ Choice Awards, ranking the best hotels, resorts, cities, islands, airlines, and cruise lines in the world.
Over 76,600 dedicated readers cast votes for 7,721 hotels, 642 cities, 453 cruise ships, and 148 islands, in an average survey time of 16.5 minutes. The result? The 1,182 best travel experiences in the world.
THE 2014 READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNERS:
- Top U.S. City: Charleston, S.C., is the #1 city in the U.S. for the fourth year in a row!
- Top Hotel in the U.S.: XV Beacon, Boston
- Top Resort in the U.S.: Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga, Wyoming
- Top Island in the World: Palawan Island, The Philippines
- Top Hotel in Europe: Il Salviatino, Florence
- Top Hotel in Asia: Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong
- Top Hotel in South America: Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena, Colombia
- Top Safari Camp: Londolozi, Sabi Sand, South Africa
- Top Airline in the World: Singapore Airlines
- Top Large Cruise Line: Disney
- Top Midsize Cruise Line: Crystal Cruises
- Top Small Cruise Line: Windstar Cruises
- Top River Cruise Line: Grand Circle Cruise Line
- Top Beach Resort in Mexico: Viceroy Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen
- Top Beach Resort in the Caribbean: Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
Conde Nast Traveler
NEW TRAVEL TRENDS
- What a man wants: A weekend getaway to Telluride or Las Vegas
- What a woman wants: The beach in The Hamptons or Cape May
- Top destination for 20-somethings: New England
- The 30- to 50-year-old set heads to: the Rocky Mountains
- 50-plus-year-old travelers are fascinated by: Alaska
- The most popular honeymoon destination: The Caribbean, followed by Hawaii
The Readers’ Choice Awards are announced in the November issue of Conde Nast Traveler, on newsstands on October 28, 2014. The full list is published exclusively online.
Photo courtesy: Conde Nast Traveler