Nokia is getting ready for its biggest event of the year – Nokia World 2011, hosted in London at ICC London ExCel from October 26-27.
The opening keynote speech will be given by president and CEO, Stephen Elop (pictured above), and will outline the latest Nokia news including the progress of Nokia’s new strategy announced earlier this year and the plan ahead.
Of late, the leading mobile phone maker Nokia has taken a series of steps to stand straight in the dwindling mobile markets.
To deliver on its new strategy, Nokia had announced plans to align its global workforce and consolidate site operations. These measures are part of Nokia’s target to reduce its Devices & Services non-IFRS operating expenses by 1 billion euros for the full year 2013 in comparison to the full year 2010. (Read: Nokia to Lay Off 4,000 Workers to Cut Costs)
Earlier, smelling trouble in its own mobile domain, Nokia had started showing an unprecedented infatuation for arch rival Microsoft to leverage the latter’s market strength and credibility. So, it joined hands with Microsoft to enter the cutthroat mobile space to cover new terrains. (Read: Nokia and Microsoft to Go Together in Mobile Market)
Nokia also unveiled a strategy to connect the “next billion” people to the Internet. The company planned to offer its low-cost mobile phones supported by Ovi services in the emerging markets. (Read: Nokia Plans to Connect Next Billion to Internet)
The Nokia World event is expected to address all these aspects of the company’s latest forays in the market.[ Also Read: Why Marketers are Chasing the Mobile Mirage ]
Besides people from Nokia, top executives from other companies will also speak at the event.
Highlighted speakers on the Nokia World event program:
- Stephen Elop, Chief Executive Officer, Nokia
- Jo Harlow, Executive Vice President, Smart Devices, Nokia
- Mary McDowell, Executive Vice President, Mobile Phones, Nokia
- Michael Halbherr, Executive Vice President, Location & Commerce, Nokia
- Henry Tirri, Executive Vice President, CTO, Nokia
- Marko Ahtisaari, Senior Vice President, Design, Nokia
- Marco Argenti, Senior Vice President, Developer Experience & Marketplace, Nokia
- Joe Belfiore, Corporate Vice President, Windows Phone Program, Microsoft
- Erik Jorgensen, Corporate Vice President, Bing Mobile, Microsoft
- Noel Lee, CEO, Monster
- Peter Vesterbacka, Mighty Eagle and Chief Marketing Officer, Rovio
- Holger Luedorf, Vice President Mobile & Partnership, Foursquare
- Loic Le Meur, CEO Seesmic & Founder of LeWeb
The company says that the opening keynote can be viewed by all via live web-cast beginning at 9:00 a.m. BST on Wednesday, October 26 at http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld.
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 12 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.