Set to embark on a number of Super Community events to celebrate Super Bowl 50, the City of Santa Clara has announced that the Triton Museum of Art will be home to “Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Exhibit” in the weeks leading up to The Big Game.
The exhibit is free to all visitors and will open to the public January 18, 2016 – February 14, 2016. This extensive and comprehensive touring exhibition is expected to draw families, fans and students.
The 5,000 sq. ft. exhibit will feature the best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s vast collection, including over 200 precious football mementos, award-winning photography, rare photos, one-of-a-kind documents, interactive exhibits that challenge both mind and body, spectacular footage from NFL films, and the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
Exhibition Highlights include:
- The Pioneers – Early days of the sport, when the NFL was born and when the rules of the game were created
- The Great Moments – A tour de force artifact and video experience of the extraordinary acts of athletic ability of the players
- The Great Players – Learn about legends like Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Joe Namath, Lynn Swann, Roger Staubach and Joe Montana
- The Dynasties – Teams that have dominated an era
- Pro Football’s Road to Equality – Chronicles of the inspirational athletes that paved the way
- The Science of Football – An interactive video presentation to examine the marriage between sport and science
- Football as a Way of Life – How pro football has shaped the American life
- Records are Made to be Broken – Artifacts from the Hall of Fame’s collection will recount many milestone events
- Champions – Artifacts and NFL Films presentations will bring to life the excitement of the road to the Super Bowl
Interactive Elements include:
- Measure Up to the Pros: Compare your physical dimensions and athletic abilities to those of the biggest stars in the game
- Try on vintage pads and jersey’s and today’s lightweight equipment
- Step into an Instant Replay Booth to see if you can make the right call
- Interactive touch screen selection kiosks presenting video clips on each member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Gridiron Glory is produced by Pro Football Hall of Fame in association with NFL Films, Pro Football Exhibits, Algonquin Museum Services, Barrie Projects, Gallagher & Associates and Evergreen Exhibitions.
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.