Toyota Motor North America has unveiled architectural renderings of its future North American headquarters, providing new details of the site layout and exterior design of its environmentally sensitive corporate campus.
In support of the Company’s “One Toyota” vision, the renderings reveal buildings and outdoor spaces designed to create a collaborative environment that encourages discovery, transparency and creativity.
To mark the occasion, Toyota also launched the Ever-Better Expedition – the North American leg of a real-world, global driving project designed to support and unite Toyota’s 330,000 worldwide team members in their mission to create ever-better vehicles.
A convoy of Toyota vehicles left Plano on a 110-day transcontinental journey that will allow Toyota engineers and other team members to feel the road, experience vehicle performance, connect with customers and gather new insights to inspire the design and development of future vehicles.
Designed by Corgan Associates, the architectural renderings provide a number of different perspectives and details of the proposed Toyota campus in Plano, which includes:
- Seven buildings, up to five stories tall, arranged around a large central plaza that serves as the literal and symbolic heart of all social and business functions – including dining, fitness, and conferencing facilities;
- Building facades that are predominantly glass, with generous roof overhangs along the southern exposures to cast shade;
- Local and regional materials and low-water plantings that reflect the native landscapes of North Central Texas;
- Water features for catchment and storage of water for irrigation; and
- Parking structures and office buildings that can support solar panels for renewable energy production.
Toyota intends to pursue LEED Platinum certification for the campus, the highest level of certification possible by the U.S. Green Building Council.
In support of the North American Expedition, Toyota launched a website, where visitors can follow the Expedition’s progress through the end of the year.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.