Starting in 2015, Art Basel and BMW will support emerging artists by awarding the BMW Art Journey, enabling them to go on their own journey of creative discovery.
Functioning as a mobile studio, the BMW Art Journey can take artists almost anywhere in the world – to develop new ideas, discover new themes, and envision new creative projects.
Artists who are exhibiting in Art Basel’s sectors for emerging artists in Miami Beach and Hong Kong are eligible to receive a BMW Art Journey. It will be awarded twice a year, to one artist among those who exhibit at each location.
Two international expert juries will determine a shortlist of three artists per sector and invite these artists to submit proposals for a journey. One artist from each shortlist will then be selected to receive the BMW Art Journey.
Members of the Hong Kong jury include:
- Richard Armstrong (Director Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York)
- Claire Hsu (Director Asia Art Archive, Hong Kong)
- Matthias Mühling (Director Städtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus, Munich)
Members of the Miami Beach jury include:
- Juan Gaitán (Curator based in Mexico City)
- Massimiliano Gioni (Artistic Director New Museum, New York City)
- Gabriele Horn (Director KW Institute for Contemporary Art, Berlin)
- Victoria Noorthoorn (Director Museo de Arte Moderna, Buenos Aires)
- Bisi Silva (Director Centre for Contemporary Art, Lagos)
For more information, visit the BMW Art Journey website.
Photo courtesy: BMW
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 12 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.