10 Finalists for Most Creative Sandwich Contest
Here are the ten most creative sandwich recipes that will compete in a national online vote in the 12th annual Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest.
The ten finalists cooked up unique twists on the classic peanut butter sandwich and are now one step closer to winning a $25,000 college fund and a trip to New York City.
With so many new products joining the Jif family this year – like smooth and fluffy Jif Whips Peanut Butter and creamy and crunchy Jif Almond and Cashew Butter – kids and parent teams had even more ways to get creative in the kitchen and incorporate new flavors and varieties into their sandwiches.
Most Creative Sandwich Contest
From a peanut butter s’more wrapped in puff pastry to spicy, savory recipes inspired by international flavors, the ten online finalists and their delicious recipes are:
- Serene V., 12, Superior, CO– Banana Split Quesadilla
- Jenavieve C., 9, Moorestown, NJ – Brownie Surprise
- Leah T., 12, Allentown, PA – Crunchy, Creamy, Dreamy Finger Sandwich
- Elise G., 8, Janesville, CA – Mediterranean Peanut Kebab Pita
- Austin O., 9, Burlington, CT – Nutty Chicken and Pineapple Pocket
- Alyssa H., 10, Hickory, NC – Peanut Butter S’Mores Puff Sandwich
- Julia B., 8, East Longmeadow, MA – Peanutty French Toast Roll-Up
- Sailor M., 12, Santa Clara, UT – Pomegranate Bejeweled Cashew Chicken Pockets
- Nicolas S., 10, Waukesha, WI – The 7 C’s Peanut Butter Wrap
- Peri C., 11, Alpine, NJ – Whip That Berry Into Shape
“Since its beginning, the contest has always been a way to foster creativity, so it is wonderful to see so many kids using their imaginations to create inventive sandwiches using Jif products,” said Maribeth Burns, VP, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company.
“We thank all of the participants, congratulate the ten online finalists, and hope that these inventive dishes will inspire others to create memorable moments with their families in the kitchen.”
Now through Feb. 7, 2014, Jif fans 13 years of age and older can visit Jif.com/Promotions/Most-Creative-Peanut-Butter to vote for their favorite sandwich creation.
After voting, eligible voters may enter for a chance to win one of 500 in-store coupons redeemable for a free Jif product, valued up to $4 (excluding Jif To Go products).
According to the company, five event finalists will attend the Grand Prize Winner Announcement Event in New York City on or around March 21, 2014.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive a $25,000 college fund and four runner-up winners will receive a $2,500 college fund.
All remaining online finalists will receive a Jif gift basket worth $50. Limit one vote per person/e-mail address/day during the entire online voting period.
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 13 years and older. For complete details and Official Rules, visit Jif.com.