Fashion Application from eBay for Apple iPhone
A leading online destination for fashion, eBay, has introduced the eBay Fashion app for the Apple iPhone. It aims to deliver a personalized shopping experience where shoppers can browse, buy — and virtually “try on” — items from a large online selection of new, designer, branded and vintage merchandise.
The new app is available for free via iTunes.
“With eBay’s Fashion app, we’ve created a unique shopping experience that consumers cannot get in front of a desktop computer, or even in a brick and mortar store,” said Steve Yankovich, VP of mobile platform, eBay.
“Shoppers can browse the millions of clothing items on eBay’s ‘racks’, build outfits to share with friends and even virtually ‘try on’ clothing without ever stepping inside a dressing room.”
The app comes with multiple features, including:
- A Personalized Closet allowing users to add, store and curate favorite fashion finds in one place.
- An Outfit Builder enabling users to mix and match items from their Closet and virtually try them on to create unique looks.
- Social Media Sharing functions enabling users to share favorite fashion finds via Facebook, Twitter, and email.
- Direct entry to the eBay Fashion Vault offering instant access to new, fixed price clothing, shoes and accessories at great value through exclusive, limited time discounts on coveted designer brands.
- A Virtual Style Gallery showcasing the latest trends and fashions on the home screen in a slide show format. Users simply tap the picture of an item they like to search for similar items available on eBay’s Marketplace.
- A customized eBay account view from the fashion perspective through My eBay (Fashion), only displaying fashion listings to help users plan their wardrobe.
With more than 10 million downloads of eBay’s core iPhone application, the company expects to generate $1.5 billion in gross merchandise volume (GMV) through its mobile platform in 2010.
Apparel is eBay’s number one mobile category in terms of items sold, and number two in terms of mobile GMV.
eBay’s core iPhone application, which is available free via iTunes in eight languages and 190 countries, allows users to browse and buy without leaving the application.