Sony Ericsson has announced more than 20 new games, including 10 exclusive titles, optimized for Xperia PLAY. The new games, many of which will be showcased at the world’s leading games expo, E3, June 7-9, add to the more than 60 titles already available for Xperia PLAY.
The new titles offer broad appeal to different users and usage occasions from popular, innovative, massively multi-player online titles (MMO) to immersive titles and addictive graphically rich new casual content.
Sony Ericsson and Major League Gaming (MLG), the world’s leading professional video game league and provider of cross platform online videogame competition, have announced a partnership making Xperia PLAY the official mobile handset of Major League Gaming. (Read: Sony Ericsson Offers Xperia PLAY to Gamers)
“As Xperia PLAY becomes available to Verizon Wireless customers in the U.S., the portfolio of great games continues to grow and we are delighted to announce 20 new games optimized for Xperia PLAY,” said Steve Walker, head of Marketing at Sony Ericsson.
“By building on the open Android ecosystem, we’re providing a brilliant opportunity for developers and game publishers to bring their best titles to new audiences and fantastic new experiences for Xperia PLAY owners.”
Moreover, as Android devices have grown in popularity, the platform solidified its spot as the second most popular environment for mobile malware behind Symbian OS during the first three months of the year, according to the McAfee Threats Report. (Read: Surge in Malware and Drop in Spam: McAfee)
New Android Games Exclusive on Xperia PLAY:
- Minecraft by Mojang
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 by Electronic Arts
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Shadow Vanguard by Gameloft
- Desert Winds by Southend Interactive
- Ruined by Bigpoint
- Icebreaker by NaturalMotion
- Sleepy Jack by SilverTree Media
- Cracking Sands by Polarbit
- Armageddon Squadron 2 by Polarbit
- An unnamed fighting game from Khaeon Gamestudio
New Games coming soon on Xperia PLAY:
- Pocket Legends by Spacetime Studios
- Star Legends: The Black Star Chronicles by Spacetime Studios
- Eternal Legacy by Gameloft
- Guns ‘n’Glory 2 by HandyGames
- Dungeon Hunter 2 by Gameloft
- Pocket RPG by Crescent Moon Games
- D.A.R.K. developed by Gamelab
- Samurai II: Vengeance by MADFINGER Games
- Vendetta Online by Guild Software
- Order & Chaos – Gameloft
- Happy Vikings by Handy Games
- A Ball Game by Trendy Entertainment
- Lumines by Connect2Media
The new games will be released in the coming months. More details regarding timing and exclusivity will be announced during E3 week and closer to launch.