The Rainbow Connection is going digital, as Walt Disney Records celebrates the upcoming 35th Anniversary of the classic frogs-to-riches story, “The Muppet Movie,” with the re-release of its Grammy-winning soundtrack album.
Originally produced by Paul Williams and executive produced by late Muppet creator Jim Henson, the album features eleven songs by Williams and Kenny Ascher.
The release, for the first time in both digital and physical formats, coincides with the Blu-ray release of the classic 1979 film. Featuring new liner notes by Oscar and Grammy-winning composer Paul Williams, the album arrives in stores and at online retailers August 13.
Songs featured on The Muppet Movie soundtrack are:
- “Rainbow Connection” – The score’s most enduring song, performed in the opening scene by Kermit, alone in the swamp, and reprised at the end by the entire cast.
- “Movin’ Right Along” – Kermit and Fozzie leave behind the treacherous El Sleezo Cafe, hop in the Studebaker and sing this upbeat song while criss-crossing America.
- “Never Before, Never Again” — Miss Piggy sings this romantic torch ballad just after being named Miss Bogen County and spying the love of her life, Kermit, from across a crowded fairground.
- “Never Before, Never Again” — an instrumental version.
- “I Hope That Somethin’ Better Comes Along” – Kermit and Rowlf the Dog sing this wistful lounge ballad after Miss Piggy dumps her “short, green and handsome” beau.
- “Can You Picture That?” – Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem rock out this fun rocker as they turn Fozzie’s drab Studebaker into a Haight-Ashbury love bug.
- “I Hope That Somethin’ Better Comes Along” — an instrumental version.
- “I’m Going to Go Back There Someday” – Gonzo sings this hopeful tune sitting around a campfire with the Muppets gang, as their Hollywood dreams seem lost for good.
- “America” – Fozzie’s feeling patriotic as he sings the hymn while driving past Mount Rushmore, Yosemite Valley and the Grand Canyon.
- “Animal…Come Back” — Animal, carries the day after downing Insta-Grow pills, rising 50 feet and dispersing the bad guys for good.
- “Finale: The Magic Store” – The Muppets sing their memorable finale on an empty Hollywood sound stage, decorating it with movie magic, and then singing the lyric: “Life’s like a movie, write your own ending.”
The Muppet Movie soundtrack will be available wherever music is sold on August 13, according to Walt Disney Records.
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.