Today Visitlondon.com, the official visitor guide to the capital, together with the Great Britain campaign, have launched an international search to find London’s Official Guest of Honour, who will have a chance to experience London.
The winning guest will be invited to London in February 2015 and will:
- Open Tower Bridge, a famous bridge
- See a West End musical with international singing star Jessie J
- Have afternoon tea at Lord’s Cricket Ground with Downton Abbey’s butler Carson,actor Jim Carter
- Visit the Science Museum with renowned physicist Professor Stephen Hawking
- Tour the Royal Opera House with world-famous singer and conductor, Plácido Domingo and internationally famed ballerina and Strictly Come Dancing judge, Darcey Bussell
- Walk the red carpet at a film premiere in Central London
- Meet English tennis star Tim Henman for a VIP tour of the All England Tennis Club, which hosts The Wimbledon Championships.
Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, said: “London is ready to welcome our Guest of Honour in style. This is an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the greatest city in the world, in the greatest possible way and I know the winner will take home something special, something unique, something that they will never forget.”
To apply to be London’s Official Guest of Honour, entrants must go to Visitlondon.com, submit a short film or image and in 70 words describe their perfect day in London. The closing date is 9th December 2014 and participants must be aged 18+.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past over 7 years despite enormous pressures.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.