GQ announced Friday the 2011 Men of the Year: the magazine’s annual list of the men (and woman) who entertained, excited, and inspired the most this year.
The biggest names in music, film, theater, and sports are recognized in the December issue and were on hand at GQ’s annual Men of the Year event, at Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.[ Also Read: Is the TIME Right to Honor Zuckerberg of Facebook? ]
Below is a complete list of the 2011 Men of the Year:
- Jay-Z – King of the Year
- Novak Djokovic – Ace of the Year
- Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake – Showmen of the Year
- David Kinch – Chef of the Year
- Frank Ocean – Rookie of the Year
- Michael Fassbender – Breakout of the Year
- Gary Oldman – Icon of the Year
- Mila Kunis – Knockout of the Year
- Trey Parker & Matt Stone – Theater Geeks of the Year
- Cast of Breaking Bad – Badasses of the Year
- Oscar Pistorius – Superhuman of the Year
- Steve Carell – Ham of the Year
- Derrick Rose – MVP of the Year
- Kyle Chandler – Coach of the Year
- Michael Shannon – Fanatic of the Year
- Louis C.K. – Comic Genius of the Year
- Kristen Wiig – Bro of the Year
- Peter Dinklage – Stud of the Year
The event, hosted by GQ editor-in-chief Jim Nelson, brought the December issue to life, and famous names came out in droves to toast this year’s honorees, according to GQ.[ Also Read: Why Justice Katju Hates Indian Journalists ]
Attendees included: Aziz Ansari, Carmelo Anthony & La La, Jessica Biel, Allison Brie, Lizzy Caplan, Zooey Deschanel, Diplo, Anna Faris & Chris Pratt, World Series MVP David Freese, John Hamm, Armie Hammer, Rashida Jones, Minka Kelly, Jimmy Kimmel, Ewan McGregor, Joel McHale, Chris Pine, Emma Roberts, Sarah Silverman, Emily van Camp, Kerry Washington, and others.
GQ is a leading men’s general-interest magazine.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.