BabyCenter, a leading pregnancy and parenting destination worldwide, has announced its list of the most and least favorite celebrity baby names of 2010. It surveyed its audience to see which celebrity baby names made the A-list and which fell short.
Based on responses from almost 2,000 moms, the survey found that Mark Wahlberg and his wife, Rhea Durham, did the best job in naming their little girl, Grace Margaret. Also topping the list are new parents Neil Patrick Harris and partner David Burtka, who chose Harper Grace for their daughter’s name.
Additional favorites include Stella Zavala, daughter of Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso, and Easton Quinn Monroe, son of Jenna and Bodhi Elfman.[ Also Read: Hollywood Stars Prefer Platinum Wedding Rings ]
“Hollywood headliners know how to keep baby naming interesting, and the rest of us are influenced by their choices – whether we love them or hate them,” says Linda Murray, BabyCenter editor-in-chief.
“Celebrities are creative people, and we see that reflected in many of their name choices. But they’re not all immune to the lure of family traditions, spiritual beliefs, or the sound of a beautiful, classic name.”[ Also Read: Survey Reveals Celeb Hook-Ups and Break-Ups ]
Top 10 Favorite Celebrity Baby Names
- Grace Margaret (Mark Wahlberg & Rhea Durham)
- Harper Grace (Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka)
- Aviana Olea (Amy Adams & Darren Legallo)
- Olivia Marie (Lance Armstrong & Anna Hansen)
- Bryn (Bethenny Frankel & Jason Hoppy)
- Eli Benjamin (Rachel Dratch & John Wahl)
- Stella Zavala (Matt Damon & Luciana Barroso)
- Gia Francesca (Mario Lopez & Courtney Mazza)
- Levi James (Sheryl Crow)
- Easton Quinn Monroe (Jenna & Bodhi Elfman)
Not all nominees can be winners. According to BabyCenter moms, leading the pack of least favorite celebrity baby names is Buddy Bear Maurice, son of Jamie Oliver and Juliette Norton.
Also high on the list is Egypt Daoud, son of singer Alicia Keys and her new husband Kaseem Dean, aka Swizz Beatz.[ Also Read: Celebs Join Hands to Combat Hunger in the U.S. ]
Those aren’t the only names that moms aren’t big fans of. Axel, son of Will Ferrell and Viveca Paulin, and Billie Beatrice, daughter of Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart, also made the list of least favorite celebrity baby names.
Top 10 Least Favorite Celebrity Baby Names
- Buddy Bear Maurice (Jamie Oliver & Juliette Norton)
- Egypt Daoud (Alicia Keys & Kaseem Dean, aka Swizz Beatz)
- Cosima Violet (Claudia Schiffer & Matthew Vaughn)
- Axel (Will Ferrell & Viveca Paulin)
- Krishna Thea (Padma Lakshmi)
- Gideon Scott (Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka)
- Billie Beatrice (Eric Dane & Rebecca Gayheart)
- Abel James (Amy Poehler & Will Arnett)
- Vida (Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves)
- Nelson (Céline Dion & René Angélil)
The list was released Wednesday, Dec. 29.