TD Bank, a leading commercial bank in the United States, celebrates the opening of its new call center in Auburn, the bank’s latest addition to its presence in the state of Maine.
Elected officials, including Governor John Baldacci, and U.S. Senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, join TD Bank in unveiling the new facility, informs TD Bank.
It says the environmentally friendly call center features local design elements and will create hundreds of new jobs for the Lewiston-Auburn region. The new call center is located in the west side of the Auburn Mall at 550 Center Street near the intersection of Turner Street and Kings Road.
Designed to achieve LEED Gold certification, the Auburn Call Center will provide TD Bank’s customer service from Maine to Florida. The call center team helps deliver 24-hours-a-day, 365-days-a-year service.
“The Lewiston-Auburn area is an important employment base for TD Bank,” said Bharat Masrani, president and CEO, TD Bank.
Once the call center reaches full capacity of 500 employees in 2011, TD Bank will be employing nearly 3,000 Mainers at its stores, operations centers in the historic Bates Mill building and other Lewiston facilities, and at TD’s co-headquarters in Portland.
The Auburn Call Center features green elements, including:
- Accessible by multiple lines of public transportation and secure bicycle parking is available for employees
- Landscape was designed with drought tolerant plants and shrubs that do not require an in-ground irrigation system
- Installed plumbing fixtures designed to use 33 percent less water
- Initiated a recycling program that will collect paper, glass, metal, plastic, cardboard, fluorescent lamps and batteries
- Constructed with recycled and regionally manufactured materials
- Designed to supply high levels of fresh air to building occupants
- Built with products that give off little or no VOCs, volatile organic compounds
- Reconstructed with increased windows and a 40’ x 40’ skylight to provide abundant natural light and reduce lighting loads
- Installed occupancy sensors to turn lights off when not needed
- Will be maintained using green cleaning products
- Will be powered by 100 percent green power sources.
TD Bank says it is also extending the call center’s opening celebration to the local community by hosting a party that is free and open to the public.
The event will be on Saturday, July 31, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the northwest side of the Auburn Mall parking lot.