10 Hot Mobile Apps You Can’t Ignore
Mobile market may be showing signs of sickness. But you can’t stop mobile companies from introducing mobile apps – for every conceivable task on earth – at a speed that can put even the speed of light to shame.
[ Also Read
: Nokia to Lay Off 4,000 Workers to Cut Costs
While there is a slew of apps for different mobile platforms, here are these 10 exciting ones that recently saw light of day.
1. Tweet-TV on Mobile TV: As mobile digital television broadcasts ramp up this year, the television receiver of the future will fit in the palm of your hand and do much more than just deliver breaking news, weather alerts, and favorite shows. LG is offering a social network services application. Viewers engaged with Tweet-TV would be able to interact with program content and submit their comments on programs.
[ Read: LG Tweets with Tweet-TV on Mobile Digital TV
2. Pizza on Mobile: Pizza Hut has announced free mobile ordering applications for the Android smartphone and the Apple iPad, as well as an updated version of its Apple iPhone app. Buyers can visit pizzahut.com/apps to download the apps. Moreover, Pizza Hut’s digital team is developing a mobile ordering app for the Windows Mobile 7 smartphone and enhancing the mobile website for easier ordering. It plans to launch both later this year.
[ Read: How to Taste Pizza from Your Mobile
3. Electronic Signature: DocuSign, an electronic signature solutions company, says a new version of the DocuSign application for Apple iPhone and iPad is now available for free in the Apple iTunes store. The update offers enhancements to the app, helping users send and manage documents electronically from anywhere, anytime in the cloud.
[ Read: DocuSign e-Signature App for iPad, iPhone
4. Payroll Mobile App: Intuit Online Payroll Mobile app can enable busy employers and accounting professionals to run payroll wherever they go, without their computer. The app is part of Intuit’s Online Payroll service and works with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. It was introduced in the App Store last October and is now available to a broader group of online payroll users.
[ Read: Intuit Offers Online Payroll Mobile App
5. Weather Radio Application: The new warning system provides information on life-threatening weather – from tornadoes to floods to hurricanes – on a mobile device, going beyond traditional weather radio broadcasting services. It comes with features, such as the ability to “wake up” when danger approaches, instant voice and text alerts and real-time video.
[ Read: Weather Radio Application for iPhone
6. Period and Ovulation App: The application was designed with inputs from a select group of women-focused Web site editors, bloggers and female health experts to help satisfy a fundamental need for women. Not just a standard period and ovulation tracker, the Always Me application is a personalized, on-the-go application that helps women manage their cycles and offers timely support and advice
[ Read: Period and Ovulation Mobile App for Women
7. Secret Messaging: Business users, families, and individuals can now send even the most sensitive information via SMS without the fear of their text messages ending up in the wrong hands. That’s what the wireless applications company Aumne suggests. It has announced the availability of Indigo Secure SMS to U.S. and international customers. Indigo SMS is a private and secure upgrade to standard text messaging applications.
[ Read: How to Send a Secret Mobile Text Message
8. Bamboo Stylus: A natural interface technology company Wacom is offering Bamboo Stylus, a new input device for Apple iPad. The device offers an intuitive and natural way to experience note-taking, sketching, drawing, and other forms of creative expression on the iPad.
[ Read: Wacom Introduces Bamboo Stylus for iPad
9. Tennis Tips: Jimmy Connors, an iconic name in sport, says his Tennis 109 with Jimmy Connors App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is now available on the App Store. The instructional app shares Jimmy’s signature ‘keep it simple’ philosophy and brings tennis to the mobile devices. The app gives instant access to Jimmy Connors’ tips, lessons and thoughts on the game and his own career.
[ Read: Jimmy Connors Offers Tennis Tips on iPhone
10. Super Why Paint App: PBS KIDS has introduced its new Super Why Paint! application for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It is available on the App Store and is based on Super Why, a preschool series that helps kids build critical literacy skills. The new app includes 48 coloring pages featuring Super Why characters.
[ Read: Super Why Paint Mobile App for Kids
You can use these apps and let others know your experiences.