Universal Pictures’ Fast & Furious 6 continues to be fast at the box office. The film, which opened May 24, earned $109.5 million for the June 2 weekend while its worldwide collections are now over $480 million, according to Rentrak.
Rentrak Corporation (Nasdaq: RENT), which provides box office measurement service, has announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of June 2, 2013.
The estimates are compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.[ Also Visit: Robojit and the Sand Planet – Global Entertainment Project ]
Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak’s suite of products.
“Fast & Furious 6 is the No.1 film in the world for the second consecutive weekend with an estimated weekend gross of $109.5 million from 63 markets. Its current worldwide total now stands at $480.6 million. The Hangover 3 is the No.1 film internationally with an estimated weekend of $82.3 million and a new global cume of $198.8 million. Also, Universal Pictures International crossed the $1 billion milestone this last week,” said Rentrak’s president of Theatrical Worldwide, Ron Giambra.[ Click here to see more stories on Movies ]
The top-12 domestic (U.S.) weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, June 2, 2013 are below.
- Fast & Furious 6 – Universal – $34.5M
- Now You See Me – Lionsgate – $28.1M
- After Earth – Sony – $27.0M
- Star Trek Into Darkness – Paramount – $16.4M
- Epic – 20th Century Fox – $16.4M
- Hangover 3, The – Warner Bros. – $15.9M
- Iron Man 3 – Disney – $8.0M
- Great Gatsby, The – Warner Bros. – $6.3M
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani – Eros Entertainment – $1.7M
- Mud – Roadside Attractions – $1.2M
- Croods, The – 20th Century Fox – $0.6M
- Frances Ha – IFC Films – $0.6M
Photo courtesy: Universal Pictures