Lok Sabha Election 2019 in India
Today, India is standing at the crossroads where the country’s 1.3 billion people are facing a grave threat from their own political rulers who have been exploiting the sentiment of people for the past about seven decades after India got independence from the Britishers in 1947.
While almost all politicians here are corrupt – many are facing serious criminal charges – they have been winning elections by dividing voters on the basis of their caste, creed, color, and religious affiliations. Elections are also being won by bribing the voters, intimidating them, or by tampering with the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs).
It is also observed that people who vote in Indian elections are mostly poor, uneducated, and ignorant who can easily be cheated by corrupt politicians with their false promises.
As a result, illiterate politicians or those with serious criminal records (history-sheeters) get elected and behave as dictators with ordinary citizens. These politicians are supported by unskilled bureaucrats. People of India are almost dying under the misrule of such politicians and bureaucrats.
Plus, there is a dangerous nexus between capitalists and shady politicians who want to stay in power by hook or by crook. Together, they have reduced India to a level of criminalized kleptocracy, in which all the four pillars of democracy have collapsed.
The following data will reveal the extent of damage that Indian politicians of all political parties have done to the country and its people. This data further shows that India continues to be an underdeveloped country.
– World’s top magazine The Economist says “a penchant for criminality is an electoral asset in India.” The magazine has published data about the political success of India’s “accused murderers, blackmailers, thieves, and kidnappers,” saying that 34% of India’s members of parliament (MPs) in the Lok Sabha have criminal charges filed against them.
– A report by political think-tank Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and National Election Watch (NEW) reveals that 31% ministers in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government have declared criminal cases (such as murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and crimes against women) against them.
– Although Indian courts exonerated him for the Gujarat massacre, Modi himself was an accused in the murder of nearly 2,000 Muslims in the Gujarat riots of 2002 when he was the chief minister in the state. Less said about the Indian courts, the better.
– According to Transparency International, a global anti-corruption group, India’s rank for 2016 is 79 in a list of 176 countries that it has studied. In other words, India is more corrupt than 78 countries.
– Violence impacted India’s economy by $679.80 billion in 2016, 9% of India’s GDP, or $525 per person. Plus, India is ranked as the 141st country in the Global Peace Index (GPI) 2016 released by the Institute for Economics and Peace.
– According to World Food Programme, hunger is so severe in India that a quarter of all undernourished people worldwide live in this country.
– According to Global Hunger Index, India ranks 25th in a list of 52 countries with serious hunger situation.
– As the rich-poor gap in India has reached alarming levels, according to World Food Programme, the bottom 10 percent of the population account for only 3.6 percent of the total consumption expenditure and the top 10 percent accounts for 31 percent.
– According to the World Bank, nearly 300 million people (about 25% of Indian population) are so poor that they live on less than $1.25 per day.
– Over 300 million Indians, which is about 25% of India’s population, have no access to electricity.
– According to a UNESCO report, India has by far the largest population of illiterate adults — 287 million or 37% of the global total.
– According to The Global Information Technology Report 2014 released by the World Economic Forum, India’s rank is a poor 83. Worse, it has fallen to this level from its 2013 rank of 68 in the world.
– As India’s human development index (HDI) – which indicates the level of skills in a country – staggers at a dismal rank of 131 in the world – there is hardly any workforce in the country that is employable in any professional job.
– Out of nearly 500 million workers in India, over 94% work in unorganized sector as pushcart vendors, street hawkers, domestic servants, and so on. This means the education standards in India are so bad that they are not producing workforce employable for respectable jobs in the organized enterprises.
– Despite a lot of noise about Bollywood films in India, none of them could ever win the Oscar award.
– In the past four Olympics (2004, 2008, 2012, 2016), India sent 330 athletes who could win only 12 medals including only one gold.
This data shows that India is standing at the brink of disaster and currently there is no leader in the country who can save the Indians from the impending calamity.
In order to systematically inform the Indian people about the nefarious designs of politicians, Raman Media Network (RMN) – which is a leading media organization – has started this information hub which will focus on the Lok Sabha Election 2019. Here we will cover the good, the bad, and the ugly of Indian politics.
You are invited to visit this section regularly.
– In today’s increasingly specialized and cut-throat world, a person needs in-depth knowledge and extensive domain expertise to handle a particular department even in a small company. But it is highly unfortunate that people with no qualification or expertise become Prime Minister, ministers, and bureaucrats in India to manage highly complex domains of governance. That’s why India continues to be a poor, underdeveloped country.
– Tax is the money that ordinary citizens are forced to give to the government thieves who squander that money at will.
– Two facts of Indian politics:
Fact 1. All politicians are corrupt.
Fact 2. If you think some of them are not corrupt, see Fact 1.
– No government in India is willing to stop corruption because it has become the lifeblood of Indian bureaucrats and politicians.
News and Eventsआओ मिल कर करें एक नये और समृद्ध भारत का निर्माण ]