The Dark Knight Rises with Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew has announced its partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “The Dark Knight Rises.”
Inviting consumers deep into Gotham City through a digital experience, DEW will unveil exclusive content and storylines from “The Dark Knight Rises” before the film’s opening day, July 20.
And DEW itself will take a dark spin – with a Dark Knight graphic takeover of base packaging and temperature-sensitive cans that change when chilled, to Mtn Dew Dark Berry, a new limited-edition mixed berry flavor inspired by the Caped Crusader.
“Mountain Dew is all about fueling passion and that is what this partnership is based on,” said Brett O’Brien, VP of Marketing for Mountain Dew.
[ Also Read
: After Eva Longoria, Paula Patton Sips Pepsi NEXT
Mountain Dew’s “The Dark Knight Rises” 360-degree campaign will include:
- A new limited-time-only flavor, Mtn Dew Dark Berry, inspired by “The Dark Knight Rises,” available for 8 weeks beginning in mid June.
- Select 16-oz cans of DEW will receive a face-lift of the thermochromic variety. The special cans will use thermochromic ink to feature a bat symbol that transforms to the distinctive green color of DEW when chilled. The limited-time 16 oz. cans will hit shelves in mid June.
- The unveil of DEWGothamCity.com, an online destination designed to give fans access into the world of “The Dark Knight Rises,” including exclusive sneak peeks of movie content and storylines. The experience will launch June 18.
- Fans that participate in the DEW Gotham City experience and enter product codes from 20 oz., and 2-liter bottles, 12-pack and 24-pack and Fountain Cups will earn points to redeem for DEW or “The Dark Knight Rises” gear or for sweepstakes entries for a chance to win exclusive prizes.
- Diet Mountain Dew driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., will give (and get) a first taste of the Dark Knight. Members of the DEW Crew, an extension of the #88 team fueled by Diet Mountain Dew, will be asked to vote to select which of four Dark Knight paint schemes will appear on Dale’s #88 Chevrolet this season. Voting began at www.dewcrew.com on May 12.
- In-store point-of-purchase displays in retailers nationwide.
- Cable, primetime TV, radio and digital advertising, launching June 18, will drive mass campaign awareness.
More information regarding the brand’s partnership with “The Dark Knight Rises” will roll out in the coming weeks. Mountain Dew, a product of PepsiCo Americas Beverages, is a flavored carbonated soft drink.
More Stories from the Web…