OurTime.com, an online dating community catering to singles over 50, has announced the results of its Sex and Body Image survey. The survey, which polled over 750 members in its online community, revealed that a whopping 97 percent believe a sexual relationship is good for their health.
According to this group, it’s no longer the old adage that an apple a day will keep the doctor away; but rather an active sexual relationship that does the trick.
The results also showed that positive body image increases with age. In fact, 70 percent of respondents replied that they feel more comfortable in their bodies now than when they were younger, and 90 percent of respondents feel good about their body today, giving them the confidence to have sex more regularly.
Meanwhile, Eli Lilly and Company has announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Cialis tablets for once daily use for the treatment of men who have erectile dysfunction. (Read: What Men Must Know about Cialis Tablets)[ Also Read: Sexual Satisfaction on the Rise: Survey ]
“Many young people think that once you hit 50, your body image automatically changes and your sex life immediately takes a hit, but this couldn’t be further from the truth,” said Dr. Gail Saltz, OurTime.com’s Relationship Expert and Psychiatrist.
“As these survey results show, 50-plus singles are more comfortable in their own skin than ever before and are enjoying themselves fully at this point in life.”[ Also Read: Is Masturbation Good for Your Health? ]
More highlights from OurTime.com Sex and Body Image Survey are as follows:
Keeping the Communication Lines Open:
- 70 percent of those surveyed would be absolutely willing to talk candidly about their sexual needs and desires with their potential mate.
- In fact, 77 percent feel more comfortable talking about sex than when they were younger.
- Most importantly, almost all respondents want a partner who is comfortable with their sexuality: a whopping 97 percent of respondents furthered that they feel it is important that their potential partner is able to talk candidly about sex, and his or her sexual needs and desires.
Frequency and Safety:
- An overwhelming 91 percent of respondents believe regular or frequent sex is more important now that they are near or over the age of 50.
- In defining what regular sex means to them, 65 percent would prefer to have sex with their partner two to three times a week; 20 percent would prefer to have sex daily.
- When it comes to sexual safety, 75 percent said they would use protection against sexually transmitted diseases when engaging in sex with a new partner.
The survey findings were released today, Oct. 11.
Photo courtesy: OurTime.com
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.