Guinness World Records 2014 Book Released
Guinness World Records, which publishes global record-breaking achievements, today announced the new records in the latest edition of its book: Guinness World Records 2014.
The publication, out today, recognises an array of international record-breakers including 12-year-old Rohan Kokane, the Lowest Limbo Skater, and Italy’s Fabio Reggiani, creator of the world’s Largest Motorcycle .
The UK’s strong representation includes Nottingham’s James Brown, who lays claim to the world’s Largest Collection of Vacuum Cleaners, and Ozzy the dog from Anglesey, North Wales, who is recognised for the Fastest Crossing of a Tightrope by a Dog.
The records include:
- Fastest crossing of a tightrope by a dog – from the UK !
- World’s largest motorcycle
- Lowest limbo skater
- Largest collection of vacuum cleaners – from the UK !
- Farthest Distance Skateboarded by a goat
- World’s smallest dog
- Largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia
- Fastest 100m in high heels
Other notable entrants are:
1. Farthest Distance Skateboarded by a Goat – Happie (USA) – 36 m (118ft) in 25 seconds
2. Largest Collection of Star Wars – Steve Sansweet (USA) – amassed an estimated 300,000 unique items
3. World’s Smallest Dog – Female Chihuahua called Milly (Puerto Rico) – 9.65 cm (3.8 in) tall
4. Fastest 100m in High Heels – Julia Plecher (Germany) – 14.531 sec
5. Smallest Car – Austin Coulson (USA) – 63.5 cm, high, 65.41 cm, wide and 126.47 cm long.
6. Largest Walking Robot – Zollner Elektronik AG (Germany) – 15.72 m in length, 12.33 m in width, 8.20 m in height
7. Fastest Human Backbend Walk – Leilani Franco (UK/Philippines) travelled in a backbend position a distance of 20 m (65 ft 7.2 in) in a time of 10.05 sec
First published in 1955, the annual Guinness World Records book claims to be selling over 2.7 million copies a year.