To standardize key metrics for the mobile interactive industry for the first time ever, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) have released “Mobile Web Advertising Measurement Guidelines” for public comment.
Developed with the assistance of the Media Rating Council, the guidelines will provide a framework to govern how ad impressions are counted on the mobile Web.
“These guidelines will give marketers greater assurance that their advertising messages are reaching consumers on mobile devices and that’s critical for continued growth,” said Randall Rothenberg, president & CEO, IAB.
“These guidelines are a milestone in providing agencies and marketers with the kind of clarity that’s instrumental in the mobile channel’s continued growth,” said Michael Becker, managing director for MMA.
The objectives of the “Mobile Web Advertising Measurement Guidelines” include:
- Defining the mobile Web ad impression
- Creating a common definition and methodology that will become widely adopted in the U.S. and globally for counting mobile Web ad impressions
- Encouraging U.S. mobile Web ad servers to have their impression counts audited by an independent third party
- Distinguishing between the established IAB Web ad impression and the mobile Web ad impression, and when each metric is appropriate
- Providing marketers and agencies with greater clarity and certainty (via the auditing process) that key metrics used for buying mobile Web ads are methodologically sound and meet the highest standards available to the media industry
- Reducing levels of discrepancies and spurring the industry’s growth by offering Internet publishers and ad servers a consistent, rigorous way to count the delivery of ad impressions
Members of the industry—advertising agencies, advertisers, online publishers and technology vendors—can read the proposed guidelines and submit comments.
For IAB members, the guidelines can be reviewed and comments submitted at http://www.iab.net/mobilewebmeasurementguidelines
For MMA members, the guidelines can be reviewed at http://mmaglobal.com/MobileWebMeasurementGuidelines.pdf and comments can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The public comment period for the guidelines will remain open until Friday, Dec. 10.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 460 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States, according to IAB.
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is a non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies.
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.