Spike TV has announced the nominees, categories and two world premieres for the 2010 “Video Game Awards” – the network’s annual live televised event to celebrate the best in games.
The eighth annual “VGAs” will be a global event, broadcasting in over 175 territories and countries around the world and gathering some of the most notable names in video games, Hollywood, music, sports and more to honor the outstanding achievements within the video game industry over the past year.
The two-hour event, taking place in Los Angeles, CA, will premiere LIVE on Spike TV Saturday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.[ Also Read: Superstars Scream at Spike TV Show ]
Nominees for Spike TV’s 2010 “Video Game Awards” were determined by the VGA Advisory Council, made up of a group of video game journalists from media outlets such as Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, Kotaku, GameSpot, IGN, Game Informer Magazine, Penny Arcade, Joystiq and WIRED.[ Also Read: Kinect for Xbox 360 Hits Million Mark ]
Games released between November 25, 2009 and November 23, 2010 were eligible for nomination.
Following are several of the nominees and categories for Spike TV’s 2010 “Video Game Awards.” For a full list, you can go to VGA.Spike.Com.
GAME OF THE YEAR
- “Call of Duty: Black Ops” (Activision/Treyarch)
- “God of War III” (Sony Computer Entertainment/SCE Studios Santa Monica)
- “Halo: Reach” (Microsoft/Bungie Studios)
- “Mass Effect 2” (Electronic Arts/BioWare)
- “Red Dead Redemption” (Rockstar Games/Rockstar San Diego)
STUDIO OF THE YEAR
- Blizzard Entertainment
- Bungie Studios
- Rockstar San Diego
- “Battlefield: Bad Company 2” (Electronic Arts / DICE)
- “BioShock 2” (2K Games / 2K Marin)
- “Call of Duty: Black Ops” (Activision / Treyarch)
- “Halo: Reach” (Microsoft / Bungie Studios)
The 2010 “Video Game Awards” are produced by Done and Dusted Inc., which is a leading festival, awards, music and events staging and filming company.
Photo courtesy: Spike