Scene It? Harry Potter takes players on a spellbinding journey with real movie clips, puzzles and questions from the first six films from the blockbuster Harry Potter franchise.
With mini-games, including Hagrid’s Hut, Polyjuice Potion, Extendable Ear and Portkey, Scene It? Harry Potter promises to test players’ memory and powers of observation, and will target fans of all ages.
Screenlife, the creators of Scene It?, an entertainment trivia game, announced Friday that its new Scene It? Harry Potter App for iPhone and iPod touch and HD version for iPad are available on the App Store.
The application comes just in time for Warner Bros. Pictures’ Friday release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1.[ Also Read: Period and Ovulation Mobile App for Women ] [ Also Read: History Here App for Windows Phone 7 ]
The latest ‘Harry Potter’ surpasses even ‘Star Wars’ blockbuster as the No. 3 advance ticket-seller.
With a few hours before its midnight premiere Thursday, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1″ had leaped over previous record-holders to become the top “Harry Potter” advance ticket-seller in Fandango’s ten-year history, and the overall third best pre-seller in company history, says the ticket seller Fandango. (Read: New Harry Potter Can Win Even Star Wars)
“We’re thrilled to add Harry Potter to our roster of Scene It? Apps,” said Steve Banfield, senior VP of Production and Digital Strategy at Screenlife. “The Harry Potter license continues to grow in its overwhelming popularity, and is exactly the type of exciting license we seek when creating fun new games.”
The Scene It? Harry Potter App for iPhone and iPod touch features:
- 30 distinct quiz sets with 16 different puzzle types that provide hours of challenging trivia, puzzles and mini-games
- Dozens of video clips, images and audio clips pulled directly from the Harry Potter films
- An engaging, fast-paced single-player mode
- Head-to-Head Multiplayer mode via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (uses multiple devices)
- Pass and Play Multiplayer
The Scene It? Harry Potter HD App for iPad includes all of the above features, plus:
- HD quality video clips, eye-popping graphics and upscaled user interface
- Dynamic motion backgrounds and animations
- Enhanced puzzles that utilize iPad’s Multi Touch interface
- Group Play – Up to four players may play at the same time to determine who is the biggest Harry Potter fan in the room
The app is available for $1.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at http://bit.ly/potteriphone and for $4.99 from the App Store on iPad or at http://bit.ly/potteripad
According to Screenlife, the app is available through a license agreement with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.