Mega-stars including Johnny Depp, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, The Black Eyed Peas, Miley Cyrus, Jennette McCurdy, Eddie Murphy and Shaquille O’Neal reigned as this year’s favorites, winning top honors at Nickelodeon’s 2011 Kids’ Choice Awards (KCA) live telecast, Saturday, April 2.
Hosted by actor/comedian Jack Black and broadcast from the Galen Center at USC in Los Angeles, kids’ top choices in television, movies, music and sports were revealed via slime slushie, cheerleader and a bear on a unicycle.
Black proved that nothing was going to get in the way of his arriving at the venue – especially not a long limo line – by making a grand entrance in the Kids’ Choice monster truck. With the help of a dancing flash mob along the orange carpet, he kicked off the slime-fest with a rockin’ rendition of The Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling.”[ Also Read: Jack Black to Host Kids’ Choice Awards Show ]
The KCA and Grammy Award-winning chart toppers then took center stage with a medley of hit songs “Just Can’t Get Enough” and “The Time” featuring Black, the honorary Pea.
The following are Nickelodeon’s 2011 Kids’ Choice Awards winners:
- Favorite TV Show: iCarly
- Favorite Reality Show: American Idol
- Favorite TV Actor: Dylan Sprouse
- Favorite TV Actress: Selena Gomez
- Funniest TV Sidekick: Jennette McCurdy
- Favorite Cartoon: SpongeBob SquarePants
- Favorite Male Athlete: Shaquille O’Neal
- Favorite Female Athlete: Lindsey Vonn
- Favorite Movie: The Karate Kid
- Favorite Movie Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland)
- Favorite Movie Actress: Miley Cyrus (The Last Song)
- Favorite Animated Movie: Despicable Me
- Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie: Eddie Murphy (Shrek Forever After)
- Favorite Buttkicker: Jackie Chan (The Karate Kid)
- Favorite Music Group: The Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite Male Singer: Justin Bieber
- Favorite Female Singer: Katy Perry
- Favorite Song: “Baby” (by Justin Bieber, featuring Ludacris)
- Favorite Book: Diary of Wimpy Kid series
- Favorite Video Game: Just Dance 2
- Arm Fart Hall of Fame: Josh Duhamel
Nickelodeon’s 2011 Kids’ Choice Awards will be available on Video On Demand beginning today, April 3.
KCA clips and shorts will also be available on Nickelodeon’s mobile VOD and online syndication partners.
Photo courtesy: Nickelodeon
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past over 7 years despite enormous pressures.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.