Peter Schreyer for Hyundai, Kia Design Centers
Hyundai Motor Group, led by Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corp., today – Jan. 13 –announced that Peter Schreyer (pictured above) was appointed as President to oversee Hyundai and Kia’s design centers in order to streamline its resources and create synergy between the two brands.
“Strengthening our fundamentals, especially in the area of design, is imperative to secure long-term competitiveness,” said Woong-Chul Yang, vice chairman of Hyundai Motor Group’s R&D Center in Korea.
“Design is not just the most visible aspect of the car, but it’s an area customers have a strong emotional connection to. It is at the center of our efforts to enhance our brand value.”
[ Also Read
: Bettina Koeckler to Lead Fox in Europe
Peter Schreyer’s Career Highlights:
- 1953: Born in Bad Reichenhall, Deutschland
- 1975~79: Industrial Design School of Applied Arts, Munich Royal College of Art, London
- 1994-2002: Head of Audi Design
- 2002-2006: Head of Volkswagen Design
- 2006~2012: Chief Design Officer of Kia Motors Corp.
- 2013~present: Appointed President of Hyundai, Kia Design Center
On Jan. 2, the Group announced ‘Brand Innovation based on Quality’ as this year’s management direction during a new year speech delivered by Mong-Koo Chung, chairman and CEO of Hyundai Motor Group.
Both Hyundai and Kia have introduced their own design philosophies, ‘Fluidic Sculpture’ and ‘The simplicity of the straight line’, respectively.