TheKnot.com, an online wedding planning resource, has released its annual forecast for the hottest wedding trends for 2012. These are:
1. “Snow White” Wedding Dresses: Buzzed-about movies Snow White and The Huntsman and Mirror, Mirror will inspire 2012 brides to wear wedding gowns that are light and airy, but with a mysterious and sexy vibe. Vera Wang’s stunning witchcraft-inspired 2012 wedding dresses will be the bride’s first stop.
2. Enchanting Flowers: The magical settings of these Snow White-inspired movies and even much-anticipated fantasy film The Hobbit will have an effect on wedding décor, with brides opting for a woodsy vibe. Think: soft, decadent bouquets filled with flowers like cabbage roses, peonies and dinner plate dahlias.[ Also Read: Live Bridal Fashion Shows on Facebook ]
3. Watercolor Designs: On dresses, invitations and table designs, watercolor touches give weddings the perfect creative bent for 2012. A-list designer Carolina Herrera showed stunning watercolor prints in her spring 2012 bridal collection. And the color palette to do this in? Pastels like pink and lilac are the “it” colors of 2012!
4. The Hunger Games-Style Bachelor Parties: Forget strippers and booze, the bachelor and bachelorette party of 2012 is giving way to The Hunger Games-style action. While ladies are channeling their inner Jane Bond via programs like Stiletto Spy School where they get to learn defensive tactics, high-speed stunt driving and MacGyver-like survival skills (all while rocking a dress, of course), guys are finally fulfilling their lifelong fantasies of race car driving, learning how to play poker like a pro and even, believe it or not, herding cows and sheep.[ Also Read: Married Couple Releases Erotic Music Videos ]
5. The Bombshell Bride: Marilyn Monroe wooed a president, was featured on the cover of the first issue of Playboy, is the subject of Oscar-buzzed movie My Week with Marilyn, and is going to make an especially big impression on brides this year. The beauty icon’s ability to accentuate her best features, signature pouty lips and slinky dresses (we especially love a number from Reem Acra with a sexy slit up the side!) are the perfect inspiration for bombshell brides.
6. The Panoramic Wedding Portrait: Just like critically acclaimed movie The Artist was shot on film without sound, the trend in wedding photography is to steer away from all the overdone effects (like odd angles and lots of added filters). Instead, photographers are shooting turn-of-the-century-inspired wedding portraits with a formal, classic approach. One shot that’s totally mantel-worthy? A panoramic wedding portrait where every single wedding guest is in the photo.[ Also Read: Going for Honeymoon after the Race ]
7. Ritzy Ranch Weddings: The setting? A 200-year-old barn complete with long exposed-wood tables, large chandeliers and ambient lighting. The flowers? Lace-wrapped bouquets of wild roses, lilies of the valley, Queen Anne’s lace and gardenias. The food? Delicate wild game like juniper-spiced venison, cider-braised pheasant and pan-roasted quail, Top Chef: Texas-style. Brides will be channeling the Old West with a rustic-elegant spin à la Lauren Bush and David Lauren’s recent nuptials.
8. When Harry Met Sally-Inspired Video Trailers: When it comes to wedding videos, it’s not something brides are watching after the wedding anymore. Couples are filming their love stories à la When Harry Met Sally and then showing snippets of it in video e-save-the-dates and having it screened at the wedding…all while guests are being filmed watching it, of course.[ Also Read: What Brides Do on Facebook and YouTube ]
9. Long Sleeves & Lace: Brides can thank Kate Middleton and the latest Twilight installment for this wedding fashion trend – long sleeves and lace! Strapless dresses will still rule the bridal aisle, but expect more coverage for 2012 with a sexy twist. Think: sheer backs and illusion sleeves. And don’t be surprised if the look of lace pops up on everything from the wedding cake to the décor.
10. Mega-Moons: Sri Lanka? Check. Patagonia? Check. All in one trip? Check. That’s right, for 2012, brides won’t be settling on just one dream destination, but instead, they’ll be opting for a round-the-world getaway to several far-flung locales. Plus, they’ll be virtually bringing their friends with them via social travel apps that crowd-source friend-approved recommendations.
The Knot released this information Thursday, Jan. 12.
Photo courtesy: (The Panoramic Wedding Portrait) The Knot / Gruber Photographers
Support Independent Fearless Journalism
In today's media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. RMN News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past 10 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats.
In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque in Indian rupees.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.