Monsoon Session of Parliament Begins in India
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi said Sunday that for preserving the institution of democracy in India, it is important that all political parties support the government to conduct business in both the Houses of the Parliament without disruption.
Modi was addressing floor leaders of parties in the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in Delhi on Sunday, ahead of Monsoon Session of Parliament beginning today.
Prime Minister, in one voice with the leaders of all parties, also asserted that all political parties stand united to ensure nation’s safety and security, after such concerns were raised by many leaders on recent developments.
[ Voter Education for Lok Sabha Election 2019 in India ]
Modi expressed gratitude towards all parties for supporting the government in bringing economic reforms like preponing of Budget Session of Parliament and bringing in Goods and Services Tax.
He mentioned that highest level of dignity has been maintained in the whole process of Presidential Election till now and no situation of any bitterness surfaced among the Political Parties.
The Monsoon Session, 2017 of Parliament is scheduled to be held from Monday, the 17th July, 2017, and subject to exigencies of Government Business, the Session may conclude on Friday, the 11th August, 2017.
Items of Government Business identified for being taken up in both the Houses of Parliament during Monsoon Session, 2017:
Bills for Introduction, Consideration and Passing
- The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- The Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance (FRDI) Bill, 2017;
- The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- The State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017
- The Punjab Municipal Corporation Law (Extension To Chandigarh) Amendment Bill, 2017;
- The Central Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017;
- The Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017;
- The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) Bill, 2017;
- The Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property Amendment Bill, 2017;
- The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2017;
- The Consumer Protection Bill, 2017;
- The National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- The Right of Children Free and Compulsory Education (Second Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- Labour Code on wages; and
- The National Sports University Bill, 2017
Bills for Consideration and Passing
Bills pending in Lok Sabha
- The Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016;
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- The Indian Institute of Management Bill 2017;
- The Right of Children Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017;
- The Repealing and Amending Bill, 2017;
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016;
- The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2017 ;and
- The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017
Bills pending in Rajya Sabha
- The Footwear Design and Development Institute Bill, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The Factories (Amendment) Bill, 2016 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The Whistle Blowers Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2015 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2013;
- The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2016 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill, 2016 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty Third Amendment) Bill, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha;
- The National Commission for Backward Classes (Repeal) Bill, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha; and
- The Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017 as passed by Lok Sabha.
- Supplementary Demands for Grants (including Railways) for 2017-18
Bills for Withdrawal
The Consumer Protection Bill, 2015
- The North-Eastern Council (Amendment) Bill, 2013;and
- The Participation of Workers in Management Bill, 1990.
Photo courtesy: Press Information Bureau
Support RMN News Service for Independent Fearless Journalism
In today’s media world controlled by corporates and politicians, it is extremely difficult for independent editorial voices to survive. Raman Media Network (RMN) News Service has been maintaining editorial freedom and offering objective content for the past more than 12 years despite enormous pressures and extreme threats. In order to serve you fearlessly in this cut-throat world, RMN News Service urges you to support us financially with your donations. You may please click here and choose the amount that you want to donate. Thank You. Rakesh Raman, Editor, RMN News Service.